cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4.1 SP3 WEBI report refresh long time

0 Kudos

Hi,

Since we migrated BI server(BI4.1 SP3), the same report just needed 1:45mins to refresh, but in the new environment, it takes forever to run. The new environment network between BI server and the app db is not that fast, network speed we cant do much about right now.

I tried to increase WebiIntelligenceProcessingserver Idle Document Timeout from 300 sec to 600 sec and Server Polling Interval from 120 to 600 sec. The report can refresh now. But I'd like to know if im modified the right parameters when the similar issue happens. I checked the admin guide, not fully understand these two parameters meaning.

Could anyone please help.

Thanks,

Youqin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Youqin,

The first step I would suggest before making any changes to BO services is run this report from Webi Rich client and see how much time it takes there. Bo services dont come into picture when the report is run in Rich client. If the report does not run in Rich client then take report's query and fire it directly against app db to confirm time required to fetch rows from DB.

If the report runs fine in Rich client then observe time required for refresh in Rich client. Then the reports should run in almost same time from BI Launch Pad as well.

Regards,

Hrishikesh

0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh,

Thanks for your advise.

Could you explain what exactly Idle Document Timeout and Server Polling Interval do, couldn't understand the explanation in admin guide.

Thanks,

Youqin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Youqin,

When you refresh a report then your client will create a session with Webi processing server. When a session is created the Webi server will allocate resources like memory and CPU for this session. Now this memory will remain allocated for this time even if no report is refreshed. After Idle document timeout the Webi Processing server will release this memory and free up resources on the server.

The server polling interval is the time interval after which Webi Processing will look for new request from client. When a new request comes up then a thread is created in background for processing of this request. When server is looking for new requests at that time it will clear the existing threads hence releasing the RAM on the server.

In short both these options are used to release memory consumed by Webi service on the BO server and increasing the overall performance.

Regards,

Hrishikesh

0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the explanation.

Youqin