cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data replications between SAP CRM Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For migration purpose, we intend to load Master and Transactional Data from one CRM system to another. Both the systems are on the same version level.

1. Have anyone done this before?

2. Can we use CRM Middleware or XIF adapter?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Davide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did it before and worked fine for us, we used the XIF adapters but that's because my knowledge about middleware was 0, I guess now I would try it via Bdoc and initial dowloads directly.

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luìs,

thank you for your answer. I can understand that it isn't a common issue because landscapes designed in this way are pretty rare.

Can we please ask you if you have any more details on the resolution you used (i.e.: techical names of the adapters or of the data sources and targets connected together)?

Thanks a lot,

Davide

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well that depends on what you want to copy.

BUPA_MAIN, BUPA_REL, BUS_TRANS_MSG, CND_M_SUP are the typical ones, what we did is set up and inbound XIF addapter on that objects in the destination and then set up a outbound XIF adapter on the source via SMOEAC using the IDoc technology as channel, now I'm thinking and probably that's the best option, otherwise you can mess the middleware tables, references keys to a non existing system, etc. another point to considere is the data volume, in our scenario it wasn't a huge CRM, but I don't know if that approach for a big CRM will work without problems. It shouldn't take a lot of time to do a test on BUPA_MAIN and measure the performance. You have lots of discussions/blogs how to set up the XIF interface.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luìs,

in our scope there are two kind of Business Objects involved in the CRM -> CRM copy:

• Sales Business Transactions: Activities, Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, and so on;
  • Marketing objects: Segments, Target groups, Filters, Data sources, Marketing attributes and so on.

In particular for the secon kind we would like to know if there are any XIF adapter that could support the CRM-CRM copy.

Do you have any feedback about it?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Cheers,

Davide

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About marketing I believe is CHARVAL_MSG and MKTPROF_MSG but I never used them, did you considered to use the CRMD_MKT_TOOLS transaction?

I don't know if you will need to transfer the BPs, but in that case you will need to manually enhance the XIF adapter of the BUPA_MAIN in order to import/export the marketing attributes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both CRM systems are same then why can you get system copy with only data. so that you have all data available in both crm system system.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,
the main reason is because in our reference Landscape there are at moment two different running SAP CRM system with different data.

Historically, different services and applications have been deployed in the systems: in CRM1 there are Sales and Marketing services, while in CRM2 there are AfterSales and Customer Service services and applications.

Now there is the intention of merge all the CRM1 content into CRM2, which will imply the following tasks:

• deploy all the customizing and enhancements done in CRM1 into CRM2, with contextually keeping the present configuration, customizing and enhancements reailzed for the second system;
  • transfer the data from CRM1 to the CRM2.

I hope I gave you some more useful information about it. If you have any other question about it, please let me know. We are always available for mor information.

Cheers,

Davide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

thanks for giving clear information on siutation.

there is option of using TDMS with append option which will add the CRM1 data to CRM2 .

Please check this .

thanks

Naveen    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

unfortunately I don't know the Product, and I see from some Product Presentations that TDMS is mainly designed for the copy of reduced data along the Landscape (for Development, Quality and  Training systems).

Could it be used for copy between two productive environments?

Thanks a lot,

Davide