cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/Export SCA from NWDS/NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Someone could support me during export SCA component from NWDS?

I have following configurations:

Installed NWDS, done configuration development by import from SLD (track_DEV, without track_CONS). In preferences NWDS "System Landscape Directory" is set up with http://host:port. Ping passed.

Then when NWDS asking me to enter login credentials, everything passed ok, and in "Development infrastructure" perspective on the left in components browser I can see list of software components.

I have to export SCA from existing portal to file system, then developing, next - import back to portal. So, when I select "Export" from menu I got message " Nothing to build/export: No DC sources available on local file system". Sorry, I'm not developer, but I have to do this. NWDI architecture is little complicated.

It is possible describe this in few simply steps?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi OK,

As mentioned by Jun, the way you are trying to do is not correct. Simple create the project in your NWDS and make the changes against one java activity and release the activity.

Thanks,

Hamendra

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am guessing here you want to export the SC and then later re-import it back into the landscape. Please correct me if i am wrong.

You will have to use CMS for this. You can expot the .sca file to file system and then back.

Hoping this is what you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, You're right. I have to export SC, and then open this in NWDS for development system, so I have to exported SC with all source code(DCs). I have never used NWDS, CMS, so I can't move in this fluently. Will be nice, when will you help me. After all I have to import back to portal.

thanks

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your concept is wrong.

just follow  my earlier reply.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

doing development requires no SC export/import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Jun, but when I connected in NWDS to my sample track_dev, I can't create new project when clicked on SC right button mouse. There is no option. I need to set the properties of java system in NWDS properties, or only url to SLD is sufficient?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you just setup a new track?

have you imported the dependent SC?

or you are accessing the track where some dc are already developed?

looks like you are 1000 miles away from starting the development....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jun Wu wrote:

looks like you are 1000 miles away from starting the development....

Fortunately, it will not be for me so... I  created a new track, then imported in CMS some SC from portal by "Add SC" -> save, then logged in NWDS, and I see this SC, but I have no option like "Create Project", ehh.. unless I will forward this to somebody, i have no more ideas

thanks

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't know what you want.....

the developer  has to download the code to do the development, you cannot download the code and send them to the developer. unless you give them the computer.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, otherwise..

Can I export some SCA from portal, then develop local on my nwds? I would do in that way, but I got above error.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

“Development infrastructure" perspective right click the dc you want to develop, in the popup, select the "create project", which will download the project to your local drive, then you can do the coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below blog:

Hope this helps!!!

BR,

Anurag

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't confuse him, what he wants is to do some development with nwdi, which doesn't require export/import sca described in that blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw this blog, but unfortunately didn't work this. Simply, I want export /download SCA and local development, then back to the portal. When I pressed Export, got message which described in first post "nothing to build"

regards