cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep the job log ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would to ask if i need to remove the redwood process server, i need to deattach/remove any object that have link to that particular process server. Anyway to keep those job logs as i need to keep a record of those job logs for audit purpose. Any idea/solution for this issue ? Appreciate help on this matter.

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

asif_muhammad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the path for job logs related to process server will be defined in in process server parameter

DataRootDirectory  (screen shot given here for your reference) under this path contains all the output/log files for all the jobs, take backup of this folder, where in you can search for job log as per job id.

as mentioned by NAnda above keep clause (log retention period) need to be agreed with Audit team / Business to keep the job logs accordingly.

KR

Muhammad Asif.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A simple way i can think of:

1. Generate a report - all jobs that ran since the first on that process server - output in CSV.
  2. Take a file system backup with a retention period of 10years (or how much ever your audit team requires it to be).

Now you have a report(CSV) of all the job that ran, and if you ever need a job log related to it, you can get the respective log from the file system backup using the job id.

thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nanda,

For the report method, i have done that. Regarding the file system backup, do you mind to explain more in detail on the step to do that. Thanks.

Regards,

Chris

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your infrastructure/basis team should be able to help you with that.

\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\server0\  - the scheduler folder under this path contains all the output/log files for all the jobs.

If you have more than one app server for NW Java, then you have to take a backup of all the servers.

This is probably hindsight, but i think as a best practice, the audit team should be involved in maintaining the keep clause for job definitions during a design phase. If the keep clause for job definitions are lower values than audit expectations, then that will be a huge problem.

thanks

Nanda