Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO 7.31 Operation Mapping in BPM - Could not invoke service reference name

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have followed William Li's blog on how to use Operation Mapping in a BPM.  I have built and deployed this but I get a run time error when it executes the operation mapping.   A technical error during invocation: Could not invoke service reference name

This error is normally related to the wrong service reference type being selected.  The guides and blogs suggest in the case of an Operation Mapping that is imported as a WSDL the correct one is WS.

The operation mapping I have imported has a Outbound Async to Inbound Async service interface.

Has anybody experienced this error?

I have seen in the deployed BPM's Application Configuration against the Consumed Service Groups an error against the associated service group

Configuration for service
group [SG_localhost] failed. Error details: [No endpoints found. Check if the  service is configured and if its endpoints are available in the . Service

It almost seems that it wants me to publish the end point on the service registry -  no idea how....but I none of the blogs and post indicate that I need to fiddle with this at all.    Here is the error too that I see when looking at the deployed BPM application configuration.  Clearly the problem but I've no idea how to resolve this.

The operation mapping that is imported into my BPM as a WSDL has a curious end point... port 50500 - weird - as does not exist does it - where did it get this from.   seems to me that it needs this deployed in the Service Registry  - but how do I do this  - or even do I need to do this ?  btw SAP Help does not say to do this anyway.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chrismills
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

I've just had this issue and managed to solve it without deleting and starting over. See my comment in

The fix that worked for me was adding a build time dependency to bie/sca/scdl/contributors/maas as shown below in my BPM component. After building and deploying again the WSDL should appear in the service registry and everything work.

Hope this one works for you too

Cheers

Chris

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris.  I will check this out.   In the end I had to back out the operation mapping and do it another way (just have a major deadline).  I will award full points on both shortly.  I also logged a SAP incident and I am "talking" with them too.

cheers.

I could not match exactly your suggested navigation path.  But I went to the Development Infrastructure perspective and then the Component Browser view to my BPM and it's process composer part .../pr/pm 

to then tick on the Build here. ??    Why was it blank and what do you think it does when it is ticked on ?

Message was edited by: Jonny Wellard

chrismills
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

In my case I created the DC from dev infrastructure view and gave it my own name but if you created from the composite designer then /pr/pm is the default suffix so you have the right DC in your screenshot.

Anyway as to what this dependency does...what I found is if you get the SDA file that is created from building the project (Can find the .SDA via right clicking the project in NWDS, select properties. Copy the "Location" entry and open this folder in windows explorer and navigate to the /gen/defaut/deploy subfolder). Rename the .sda to .zip and unzip it, and then navigate in to the META-INF folder and there's a .composite file. If you have the dependency set and have an operation mapping in your project with a service reference then you will have a section like the below in your .composite file:

This provides the WSDL binding and creates the entry in single service admin in NWA.

If you don't have the build dependency checked and repeat the process of building the file and unpacking the SDA you will find this whole section is missing in the .composite file yet the build still succeeds but when you deploy to the server it can't find the binding and everything falls apart. Below is what it looks like without the dependency set.

As to why this isn't checked always by default I have no idea and that's what SAP really need to address, it seems inconsistent that some times it's checked for a project and other times its not and that's why deleting and recreating can work too. My message number with SAP is 1106708/2014 if you want to get them to join our messages up so we get a bit more leverage.

Cheers

Chris

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cool - I've let SAP know.  My incident is 1147259 / 2014.

I will let you know how that goes.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Configuration for service

group [SG_localhost] failed. Error details: [No endpoints found. Check if the  service is configured and if its endpoints are available in the . Service

i faced the similar error in the past. but this thread solution worked for me.

undeploy the objects and delete all the bpm objects and then re create it.