Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OHIO Local - Taxable Wages - Incorrect calculations

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue with OHIO local tax calculations. The taxable wages are calculated incorrectly as described below but the withholding tax calculations are fine.We trying to find what exactly changed this behaviour as the issue is from Feb 2014 and recently identified this issue.

Description:

OH59 - Taxable Wages of Cincinnati is incorrect.

Current Calculation

Gross Earnings             - $10,601.34

Pre Tax Deductions        - $61.72

401K regular contribution  - $643.62

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Taxable Wages      - $9896.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OHIO local Withholding tax -  9896.00 * 2% = $197.92  -- Incorrect

Expected Calculation :

Gross Earnings             - $10,601.34

Pre Tax Deductions        - $61.72

401K regular contribution  - $643.62   (to be excluded)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Taxable Wages      - $10539.62

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OHIO local Withholding tax -  10539.62 * 2% = $210.79 - Correct

For some employees where there is no 401K contribution, the pre tax deductions ( Benefit deductions are not being deducted from taxable earnings)

Also this is happening for local tax authority OH43 as well.

Please suggest what might have went wrong.

Regards

Madhav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Any update on this please ? Did BSI / SAP respond to the given query ?

Regards

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have not received any updates - no response to my status update requests either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We are also experiencing issues with OH locals however the situation that I have sent to BSI for a resolution is where I have two employees who are set up exactly the same in SAP (IT's 207, 208, 209 & 210 are all the same for both EE's)  one has both OHIK (resident) and OHBT (work) withheld as expected however the second person is only having OHIK withheld since September.  I can only assume that one of the TUB's that we applied during that time (30-33) broke this.  I have compared the BSI call and all of the parameters being passed are identical.

BSI has had a ticket opened for this since late October - anyone have any thoughts on what else I can check or try??

Thanks

Tonya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav

Even we are facing the same issue for one of the localities. Ex, it's working well for Twinsburg, but not for Twinsburg - ReminderVille. Still trying to figure out the solution. Await experts comments here.

Regards

Neha

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Is this because of some TUB issue or due to HRSPs or something? Did you guys find anything related to it during your analysis? Because i'm trying to identify the root cause what could have broken the system.

Regards

Madhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but haven't managed to check on this yet.