cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS error in an outbound IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to send MATMAS03 IDoc from ECC to SAP ME using POIM. The IDoc is successfully processed in the sense that in WE05 status is shown as 03 (Green).

But it never reaches MII or MEINT.

It is stuck in SM58 in ECC with the status "function idoc_inbound_asynchronous not found".

All essential settings for ALE Idoc are in place in ECC. Are we missing some thing?

Would appreciate any help on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at SAP Note 1840707.

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the immediate reply. I did check the note referred to. This pertains to PI. We are sending the IDoc through MII. Nevertheless I did check in the NWA as given in the note and the indicated entry is blank only.

Thanks

Srinivas

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note is relevant to MII too. I had the exact same issue recently and by following the note and the steps below the issue was resolved:

1. Open the NWA and go to Configuration -> Infrastructure -> JCo RFC Provider.

2. Check if the JCO RFC destination is listed there.

3. If it is listed, remove it as an entry.

4. Restart the application in the NWA.

5. Send the IDocs again from ERP.

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

Thanks. The issue is solved now. The problem was on ECC side.

Regards,

Srinivas

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you could share the root cause and the solution for your case, we would think about updating the Note with this information once it refers to the same symptom. We'll appreciate your collaboration.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

The issue was related to host file entry at OS level where SAP ECC in installed. This was checked and informed to our Basis team after a note was raised to SAP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Srinivas

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kalpati,

could you please elaborate a little more the root cause you faced, maybe quoting the SAP Incident you raised and that was resolved by SAP? I am presently confronted with the same issue.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cristoph,

We did not raise this incident with SAP. Our Basis team looked in to this and the information I got from them was that host file entry was wrong at OS level where ECC is installed.

May be you can check with your Basis team and get it checked?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Srinivas

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

we have now resolved the issue.

The reason was that the program ID was registered  not only on the proper interfaced host, but also on the local host (127.0.0.1), which was not accessible to the interfaced system, yet it was taking some calls which were not processable.

Deregistering the program from the local host resolved the issue.

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Many thanks for having shared this information. This gives much better clarifity for any future reference.

Thanks

Srinivas

Answers (0)