cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Data Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Need help on Vendor Data Replication, We are creating Vendors in MDG for a entity (Ex AUS) and need to replicate Vendor data from MDG system (Hub) to Operational ERP (ECC) system.

Vendors for other entities (China & Argentina) are created in ECC system as of now and shall be done via MDG in later stage.

So while replicating Vendors from MDG to ECC (for Aus entity) how is key mapping done as Number ranges set based on Account Group and are generic, all entities use same number ranges intervals in ECC.

How to do key mapping for vendors between MDG & ECC.

Regards, Srihari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

surya_rudraraju
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Please suggest how to resolve this issue

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh

This is typical roll out case. As I understand, you have to replicate vendor data from hub to ECC system for 2 entities. Later you will add few more.

The best option is to create different roles and in the role, you can assign the org units. You can create different CR types based on the regions and assign those CR types in the role. This will help you to segregate the data region wise or Country wise.

In this case you don't have to do any Key mapping if you are using standard BP data without extension. Configure the replication and then use the roles / CR type.

You can create a new thread if your issue is not the same as this is pretty old thread.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

We need to use Key Mapping concept in MDG to replicate Vendors, when Entity 1 is going live with MDG and Entity 2 is still on Operational ECC.

As I'm not Technical Guy, could suggest you the concept used to achieve desired functionality.

Make a RFC call from MDG to get the next number from ECC and then system will use the number in key mapping table, you might find FM "NUMBER_GET_NEXT" helpful.

MDG system pings ECC and reserves next number for its vendor creation based on Acc Grp, so that when ever users creates a vendor in Entity 2, operational ECC. it picks next number.

Hope it helps.

BR

Srihari

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wanted to know why we should use RFC call to get the number from ECC? We can configure CVI and then if the data model is standard we don't have to use Key mapping at all. If we are adding new fields or entity type then we have to use key mapping only for those specific entities/ fields. Otherwise with CVI, it can be done standard way.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can some one help me with the below requirement for our client.

I have check CL_BS_BP_GUIBB_VENDOR GET DATA, FLUSH methods to populate External Vendor number which is coming from ECC to MDG using BAPI RFC call.

But as most of the parameters are importing in nature, we cannot modify the temporary value with actual vendor value once after we select the create Vendor Request and relevant account group where external number range is set up in MDG and ECC systems.

Can some one throw light on this requirement on how to achieve solution in these kind scenarios.

I have raised message to SAP as well. But they have suggested to enhance the GET_OBJECT method of CL_MDG_BS_GENIL class which I think not a right approach as this is also trigger Customer Master External number. In fact we have similar requirement for Customer as well.

surya_rudraraju
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

How did you resolve this issue? Please advice.

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing. Set up a RFC connection between your ECC system and MDG system.

If you want to keep your vendor numbers same as ECC system, just load the vendor data keeping the number range as External. Then once the initial load is complete change it back to Internal and set the same number range with the NR status one plus the last number in MDG. This way even if the ECC system peridically goes live or countries are added in ECC before they are migrated to MDG can call the RFC to get the next number from MDG.

Thanks,

Subhronath