cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce Connection/Record Count

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue connecting to sf.com correctly. I am able to pull a few Tables and my count is correct,but one table in particular is not pulling the exact number of records (activities) as shown on the sf.com report screen. I was wondering if others were experiencing this issue. It's about 1000  records that are missing and when i run a compare report, there isn't anything specific about them that would  give me a reason why they were left off. I have even created a stripped down report of just this table and the count is still wrong. Any idea what is causing this? I contacted Sf.com and they said it was a Crystal reports issue since I was able to download the full record count using their tools.

I am running CR 2011 SP9 installed.  Previously, has SP4 installed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I also found this link not sure if anyone has used this driver. Do I have to purchase the driver?? Will SAP not update their Driver??

https://www.progress.com/products/datadirect-connect/odbc-drivers/data-sources/salesforce

Salesforce ODBC Driver

0 Kudos

I believe this has to do with the salesforce conncection, because not all the object are displayed when i log-in to sf.com. Am i using the right address? How should i correctly be logging into sf.com with crystal. What should the server address be. Maybe that is causing the issue.

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used the following, to connect to the sandbox of the salesforce.com

address: test.salesforce.com

username: my email addres i used at registration

password: my password+security token

if you have a proxy server, please configure it:

locate CRConfig.xml

go to the end, and locate section <SForce> and add to this section

<SForce>

<UseProxy>TRUE</UseProxy>

<ProxyAddress>YOUR PROXY SERVER NAME OR ADDRESS</ProxyAddress>

<ProxyPort>YOUR PROXY SERVER PORT</ProxyPort>

</SForce>

Also unsefl informations:

Crystal Reports v14 connect to Salesforce - Answers - Salesforce Success Community

Also you may check http://scn.sap.com/thread/3655469

I hope it helps,

János

0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Thanks for your comment, but I do not have a proxy server. Also, there is no issue actually connecting to sf.com it's that all my records for one particular object are not showing. Also, some objects are missing. I have already:

1) replaced my .jar files for the new own.

2) UP'ed my FetchOptions

3) Increase row max

All my objects are not displaying and I believe it's the API used to create the sf.com connection for crystal. Do you know what API was used?? How do I find out? Is there another way to connect to sf.com?

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelica,

Pls check in crystal do you use any selection formulas which has affect on record filtering, if you use, remove the, and company with sf.com results.

Or do you use mupltiple tables (joined). If yes, try to view only one table to aviod incorrect joins.

János

0 Kudos

This isn't the case, it's one table no joins, per my initial post.