cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print of orders (Pop up window)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we print orders usually via LOCL printer. If we save the orders a pop up windows comes up and it is possible to print the order or not.

Now we would like replace LOCL print method with a other printer (acess method S). Therefore we assigned this printer to the several users via SU01.

The problem is that if we save the order no pop up windows comes up and the order will automatically send to this printer (acess method S).

Question:

Is it possible to have a pop up windows for this printer (acess method S) similar to LOCL printer?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Access method G uses the printers in your local PC,so there is popup window to let you select any
printer to output.But for access method S,the print data will be sent to remote printer server where
SAPSPRINT is installed.So there is no popup appears.The print data will be output from the printer
you defined in the Tcd:SPAD.

Thanks&Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jie,

many thanks!

Sorry the access method is C. So we access the printer via \\Printserver\printer1

Does it change the situation or why we do not have a pop up window in this case?

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex

For access method C,it uses the printer in the application server.
So there is also no popup window shows in your client PC.

Best Regards

Jie Bai

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

At the time of popup you can provide the SAP Sprint device name where you are providing local printer.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the answer from Jie can apply in our case.

Our print server i reside on separate server, so I assume if we change the LOCL to the printer with access method C no popup windows comes up or is not?

Answers (0)