DSM-BRFPlus Function Error when called from Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 2 Systems System A (CRM System) and System B(ECC System),

BRFPlus is hosted on System A and using DSM,

We have declared System B as the Managed System and
linked our BRFPlus Application to System B, we were successfully able to access
Data Types and Function Modules in Managed System(System B) through Procedure Call
Expression and Run Simulation.

There is a Workflow in System A(CRM System) which needs to
access the BRFPlus Function using the Function ID but is failing at the point
where BRFPlus function is making a Procedure call to function in System B
(Managed System).

Error: "Unknown exception raised
during the processing of static method call <Procedure Call Name-Calling the Function Module in Managed System>"

We followed the below Steps using videos on http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29158

1. Created RFC Destination for XFA System(ECC
    System) in CRM System(CRM System)
  2. Used Tcode STRUST in YCA-200 to Export and Save
    the Key Certificate
  3. Used Tcode STRUST in XFA-100 to Import the Key
    Certificate
  4. Used Tcode DSM and added the XFA System as
    Managed System using RFC Destination created in step 1.
  5. Linked our BRFPlus Application(YCA System) to
    the XFA Managed System using the Add button
  6. Created Rules in the BRFPlus Application
    consisting of Procedure Calls to Functions in Managed System, saved activated.
  7. Tried invoking the BRFplus function from
    Workflow using Function ID, Workflow gives error at the point where BRFPlus
    function makes the Procedure Call to Function in Managed System.

Please help if we have missed any important step which can help us get rid of this error.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Ashokkumar Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

from my point of view, your setup of DSM is ok as you can access the managed system in the BRF+ workbench of DSM and execute the simulation on the managed system.

What I do not fully understand is your scenario: You have your DSM system (system A) and you create a decision servcie for your managed system (system B). You have deployed your decision service to system B which means all the modeling of BRF+ was transfered as coding to system B.

The decision service is now executable in system B even if you would switch off system A (at least this is how DSM is designed to work).

If I understand you correctly you know wnat to access the decision service deployed to system B using a workflow in system A. This is as far as I know DSM not possible, at least I did not find an option where you can deploy an RFC of the decision service in order to be able to access it form a remote system.

Do you use the DSM just to be able to access data elements and function modules in your managed system?

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Yes We are using DSM just to get access to the Function Modules and Data Elements in the Managed System, In other words just to overcome the BRFPlus drawback of not making a RFC Call to other systems directly.

The BRFPlus Function finally needs to be used by the Workflow in the system where BRFPlus is hosted.

Any idea how we can go about this.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Ashokkumar Singh

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

si I do not think that DSM is the solution for your requirement. The BRF+ function you are calling has to be located in the same system as the workflow that calls it.

Concerning the data elements I have no idea how to overcome that in BRF+. You will have to add them manually (with all the drawbacks that come with that replication i. e. keeping them in sync)

Concerning the call of an RFC function module: perhaps it might be a feasible workaround for you to wrap the RFC call in the static method of an ABAP class. This class i.e. the method can be called in BRF+ using the procedure call expression. The method itself just delegates to the RFC function module.

BR

Christian