cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Gateway standalone engine - configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP Netweaver Gateway as a stanalone engine in a seperate box.

How can I login as this is a standalone engine ?

Do I have to install Netweaver on the same host ?

Enviromnet : Gateway connect to backend SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP11

Please suggest,

Please note, I do not want to enable gateway in solution manager, So i installed gateway in a separate box.

This is related to

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3634805

Thanks,

Tags edited by: Jitendra Kansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

your problem is not clear to me.

SAP Gateway (it is not called SAP NetWeaver Gateway anymore) can be installed by deploying the ABAP AddOns IW_BEP, GW_CORE and IW_FND on SAP NetWeaver ABAP Server running on top of 7.0, 7.01 7.02 or 7.31.

Or you can use a SAP NetWeaver 7.40 system. Here SAP Gateway is already part of the installation because the functionality of the three AddOns mentioned above is contained in the software component SAP_GWFND.

So yes, you have to install NetWeaver as a prerequisite. And if you install SAP NetWeaver 7.40 there is nothing left to do than to perform the steps I described in my and to connect your Solution Manager system as a backend system to your new Gateway Server.

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I have installed gateway as a standalone engine from the options Netweaver 7.3 > <Database> > SAP systems > Standalone Engines > Gateway.

Please refer attached screenshot.

I think, I have to install Netweaver. In my case it is Netweaver 7.3.

Could you please suggest here.

what is the purpose of installing gateway as a standalone engine if we cannot able to login ?

Will this work in my scenario?

1. uninstall standalone gateway

2. install sap netweaver

3. Deploy gateway Add-ons

Thanks, Ganesh

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

sorry but you mixed up the "old" Gateway that carries out CPI-C services within the SAP world SAP Gateway - SAP Library with our "new" that is responsible to enable OData Service for the SAP Business Suite.

Unfortunately we (SAP) have not followed the Highlander Principle here .

While the "old" Gateway is part of every SAP ABAP application server but can also be installed stand-alone the "new" SAP Gateway (formerly known as SAP NetWeaver Gateway whith less options to be mixed up) is based on ABAP technology either deployed as a bunch of AddOns (at least IW_BEP, GW_CORE and IW_FND) or as of 7.40 as a software component SAP_GWFND.

So you are right.

You have to uninstall your standalone Gateway, install an ABAP server and add the SAP Gateway AddOns to it or you go for an installation of a SAP NetWeaver 7.40 system.

If possible I would recommend to use the latter.

Best Regards,
Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion and your quick response.

Thanks, Ganesh

Answers (0)