Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Memory Management as of kernel 7.4

nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I was trying to look for all documents needed for the new Memeory Management of Kernel 7.4+

From SAP Note 2085980 I was redirected to SAP Note 1998242 but this one is currently not released.

Does any one of you have a copy of the Note 1998242 so I can continue with my first overview research?

Regards,

Niklas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Niklas,

the current version of SAP Note 2085980 does not contain a reference to that unreleased note  

any longer. That reference was a mistake in the initial version of the note, I believe.

Note 88416 it does refer to is an older note which applies to the Windows platform only (it does contain ZAMM info for 740 Kernel on Windows as well). The reason behind this is the fact that ZAMM was initially conceived in 72x kernel release for Windows only. Now in 740 kernel it was extended to all platforms. Hence the new note 2085980.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niklas

You can use this note for mamagement memory from 7.40

88416 - Zero administration memory management for the ABAP server

I hope that this help you.

Josué Acuña

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Niklas,

the note 1998242 has the status "Technical Review", It will be released soon I would say. This note informs, that the parameters:

ztta/roll_first

ztta/roll_area

rdisp/roll_SHM

rdisp/roll_MAXFS

are deleted as of SAPKB74002 and you will see "0" in ST02 for the affected memory areas.

Regards,
Alwina