cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Workspace Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had ESP 5.1 SP8 installed (in HANA Studio) and all the demo's we working fine. Last evening i uninstalled SP8 and did a fresh install of 5.1 SP9, now i am unable to run the project.

There is no "default" under the localhost:9786, when i run the project i just see some flash of CMD screen and that's it nothing is happening.

-AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

What version of HANA Studio are you using? Did you also upgrade that? And, please specify which demo's, just so that I can try to reproduce what you are seeing.

Thanks,

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice,

I am on HANA SPS 08 (Version: 1.80.3), and i did not upgrade that.

I just created a very simple demo, and it doesn't run in HANA Studio. However i am able to run a project when i use the SAP ESP Studio.

-AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are the screenshots:

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

To install the ESP 5.1 SP09 Studio plugin into SAP HANA studio, you must have installed SAP HANA studio, with a minimum of Eclipse version 4.4. (Refer to this link: Install the SAP ESP Studio Plugin for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Event Stream Processor: Installation Gui...)

To find out what Eclipse version your HANA studio is using, check the contents of <hdbstudio-install-dir>/.eclipseproduct.

So, for example, on my set-up that has HANA Studio 1.80, the contents of .eclipseproduct are:

name=Eclipse Platform

id=org.eclipse.platform

version=4.3.2

However, on my set-up that has HANA Studio 1.90, the contents of .eclipseproduct are:

name=Eclipse Platform

id=org.eclipse.platform

version=4.4.0

Thanks,

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alice!

Yes, my Eclipse version is version is 4.3.2.

I will update the eclipse version and will let you know.

-Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice,

It still does not work, i tried with eclipse 4.4.0. I even tried it with the latest HANA Studio, still no luck.

I am just using the SAP ESP Studio instead of ESP in HANA Studio. Do you see default workspace in your HANA 1.90?

-AB

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am seeing the same issue as you are. We are investigating. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Alice

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Alice!

I could not use the HANA studio, so I created a demo using the ESP Studio.

http://visualbi.com/blogs/design-studio/real-time-near-real-time-streaming-using-sap-esp-sap-hana-sa...

Regards,

-Anil Bavaraju

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I thought I'd offer an explanation here.  It's most unfortunate that this change from ESP SP08 to SP09 did not get documented - as it has indeed caused some confusion. But here's what's going on:

With the release of SAP HANA smart data streaming, we now deliver 2 different product packages from the same code line.  SAP ESP is intended for use independently of HANA; when someone needs event processing with HANA we expect that they will use SAP HANA smart data streaming.

The SAP HANA smart data streaming server runs as part of the SAP HANA landscape. It cannot run separately from the HANA system it is installed on.

Now this brings me to the behavior of the ESP Studio and the Streaming plugin for HANA Studio.

The ESP Studio gives you the ability to start and run a local ESP cluster very simply.

The ESP plugin for HANA studio used to have the same capability.  However, the ESP plugin for HANA Studio has been replaced by the Streaming plugin for HANA Studio.  The new HANA Studio plugin does not have this capability, as it is intended to be used with SAP HANA smart data streaming. Therefore, to run a streaming project from HANA studio, you must be connected to a HANA streaming cluster.

The ESP studio still has the ability to start a local cluster under the control of the Studio.

Sorry for the confusion this caused.

Jeff

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff for sharing this information.

-Anil