cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue Account determination based on Ship to party Destination & Account Assignment Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently we are using custom table 903 with combination of these 5 fields - SalesOrg/Dest.Ctry/AAG/AAG/AcctKey and system is using Destination country & AAG from Sold-To party for deriving Revenue Account Determination.

Business user now wants Revenue account determination based on the Destination country & Account Assignment group values of fields from Ship-To party.

Though I have updated the screen layout of Ship-To party  SalesArea=> BillingTab to include Account assignment group newly and Ship-To customer is assigned with "Foreign Revenue", I am not sure how to make system to derive values from Ship-To and not the SoldTo party (which has "Domestic Revenue").

Upon searching on blogs I have read about using USEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMPCV, I am not clear how the system is going to read values from Ship-To Vs Sold-To.

I appreciate your time and guidance on this.

Thank you,

Devi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved after implementing user exit USEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMKCV  which will overwrite the KTGRD value with Ship-To party value if Ship-To party is different from Payer. This was one of the option suggested by Samier Danish as well.

Thank you all for your time and inputs I got for resolving this issue.

Devi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devi,

Is there only 1 SH in an order? AAG customer is in VBAK?

Also, this requirement is for one process or sales organization or...?

Thanks!

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there will be one Ship-To party for an order and this requirement is applicable for all sales Organization.

Thank you,

Devi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devi,

This is not a straight-forward requirement. Some coding needs to be done, and then testing.

I suggest don't add field Account assignment group customer KTGRD in SH. SAP standard takes this from Payer, even if there is a AAG in SH it will not populate in sales order and then bill. Take another field with which you can group SH. See that this field is in the catalog and then create a table accordingly with this new field. See below link.

You want to include the destination country of SH, in bill do you have SH as one of the partners? or else with coding, the LAND1 of SH, from sales order needs to be retrieved (VBFA table). In the sales order, if you have different SH, then the correct line item of order needs to be identified; coming back from bill.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/00/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thank you for looking at my query! Unfortunately I cannot control the business process and the business need and they would want to consider a sale based on the destination where our product is shipped.

Yes SH-Ship-to party is defined as one of the partners.

And about creating a new table including possibly another field on which SH can be grouped, if I understand right,  I need to have the following 5 fields in the new table:  SalesOrg,AAG(material),Acctkey + SH Destination & SH AAG. 

However I am not sure how can we make the system to  differentiate between the Destination & AAG of current Sold-to & Ship-to party fields?

Thank you,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

The AAG, for eg. 'Foriegn revenue', for Ship-to party will be same for all Ship-to Parties?

Please reply.

Regards

SD

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I need to have the following 5 fields in the new table:  SalesOrg,AAG(material),Acctkey + SH Destination & SH AAG.

The accounting entry is

Customer A/c (Payer) Dr

To Revenue A/c Cr

Even if u add extra field as Ship to party this will hit only your revenue a/c.

If u want to change Customer A/c from Payer to Ship to party,then abap coding is required.

Pradeep.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you SD!

A Sold-To party can have several Ship-To parties and each of them could have a different AAG.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a new routine in VOFM > Requirements > Account Determination, add the required logic and assign this routine in SPRO > Define and Assign Account Determination Procedure

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi, 

Thank you for your time and I apologize for the delayed response Lakshmipathi.  I am considering your suggestion and working with the offshore SD resource for this change.  I will keep posted on the progress.

Thank you,

Devi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi, Devi,

Please explain what this routine will do and where do you want to assign it?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Since I am not too familiar with SD module, I am seeking help from SD resource (offshore).  Still waiting for the options they would propose before I can suggest this option provided by Lakshmipathi.  I will keep you posted once I know the details.

Thank you,

Devi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your ship to party & Payer is same always--pl Confirm.

If yes--then no need for Development.

If differs--you need to follow the other way.

But interested to know how requirement at Revenue account determination can control this?

hope you are already  trying at exits at Billing level..

But before going for this--can you try by having one more billing type(thereby different rev.A/c.Det.Procedure can be assigned at VOFA)& you need to instruct all your users to use this Billing type--when Ship to party & Payer differs.

Note: but it depends on user discipline while going for Billing in VF01 with correct Billing type.

If it was not controlled then you can go with separate doc types from Sales order onwards.

Hope this helps...

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

Please check this user exit too 'EXIT_SAPLJF60_007' (IS-M/SD: Modify Fields for Account Determination (Item Fields)).

I'm not sure but if we can change the AAG of Payer to AAG of Ship-to Party, this should work. I think, in coding, we can write to fetch Ship-to Party with 'WE' and read KNVV-KTGRD, and finally pass on to KOMPCV.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your time Phanikumar!  We have this issue only because, Payer and ship-to are different and a Sold-To party can have more than one Ship-To party.

I am working with offshore SD resource and what you suggested is also one of the option we are considering.  I shall keep posted on our progress.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your time Sameer! 

I am working with offshore SD resource and we are also considering what you suggested, using User Exit to populate the structure with Ship-To party AAG.  I will keep you posted on our progress.

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am wrong kindly rectify me,account determination happens based on Payer.It is standard

You may check with abaper .

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pradeep and sorry for the delay!

Yes that is the standard, however as per my Finance Manager (parent company is Japan), they want to determine the account based on where the products are sold/shipped (Ship-To party) rather than the Sold-To party.