Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workorder_update: dump using FM BAL_DB_SAVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community!

I have following problem: i have the badi workorder_update implemented and there i want to save messages in the application log - therefore i use following FM in following order:

BAL_LOG_CREATE

BAL_LOG_MSG_ADD_FREE_TEXT

BAL_DB_SAVE

other FMs i use: JOB_OPEN, JOB_CLOSE and report with SUBMIT rcclord

on the development system this worked pretty fine and this was transported on the production system. however, there i had a dump in BAL_DB_SAVE with following message "commit work procedure must not be interrupted".

can you help me in this matter?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

would it work if i call the BAL_DB_SAVE with parameter I_IN_UPDATE_TASK ?

0 Kudos

It depends of what exactly interupt the commit, was it an error message a screen (pop-up) display?

(Check ST22) If you set I_IN_UPDATE_TASK, the problem may be moved to update task and trigger an error displayed in SM13.

Alsio in which method of the BAdI did you call those FM ?

NB: If you don't find and correct the cause of interuption, you may move your application log creation to a RFC enabled wrapper FM and execute in background task. So it wont cause problem to main transaction and update, and you could find the errors with transaction SM58.

Regards,

Raymond

PS: You moved from devlopment to production, no quality system for validation andn so no pre-production system too ?