SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Center is not deriving for alpha-numeric Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In our cost center hierarchy i have numeric and alpha-numeric cost centers. Funds Management BCS is active in our company. I have created a assignment rule in FMDERIVE to derive fund center from cost center. this rule is working fine with  the cost centers which are beginning with numeric values like 100003, 200001 etc. But system is not deriving the Fund Center from Cost Centers which are beginning with alphabets like AB00001, DC00004 etc. During the transaction posting i am having the error Message no. FI313 "

No funds center entered/derived in item 00001 ".

Regards,

Kashif

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

In FMDERIVE system will allow the alpha numeric fund centers, please cross check your derivation rule. it is better to create a derivation rule first in cost element and commitment item combination then try to create another derivation with cost center and fund center combination your problem will solve.

I am sure that with alpha numeric cost center, fund center will work properly in FMDERIVE.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried your suggested combination, but it is still not working. Actually, in derivation step i used derivation type "assignment" for one to one cost center, fund center combination. It is working fine with numeric cost center, but not working with alphanumeric cost centers.

for temporary solution of this issue, i created another step in my derivation strategy with derivation type "Derivation Rule". In this rule i set all alphanumeric cost centers as source field and same as fund center Target field. in this way it is working fine.

My question is, why it is not working  derivation type "assignment" any suggestion please ?

Regards,

Kashif

0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

Have you looked at this derivation in the trace tool? Please turn the trace on and look at the input and derived values in the trace screen. This will help you understand what is really happening in the rule.

Thanks

Shyam