Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in MIRO for Goods/Services + Planned Del Costs

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guys:

We came with an issue in UAT with client. I will explain my problem as under

Principal Vendor A...Goods Costs =1000 USD ..Transport cost chargeable to Vendor A=100

Insurance Cost=100 Chargeable to Vendor B

For above we created a PO, did GRN and when going to invoice verification in MIRO , user is selecting option 3 in Miro which is Goods/Services+Planned Del Costs for posting main vendor invoice for Goods cost 1000 and Transport cost 100 making total value of invoice 1100, however when i see in items section of MIRO i see that system is also picking the line items of Insurance cost which were to be charged to Vendor B and upon simulation system is posting the whole amount of 1200 USD to Vendor A which is wrong. Though we have an option of selecting Planned delivery cost but what if user gets one invoice for 1100 from Vendor A for Goods and planned del costs, system should not behave like. this. Is there any way to avoid this from happening ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

former_member256557
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Atif,

Are you using Insurance cost through pricing process that is by creating a condition type and posting invoice.

Thanks,

Kumar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me ask a question to this scenario.

You said

Principal Vendor A...Goods Costs =1000 USD ..Transport cost chargeable to Vendor A=100

Insurance Cost=100 Chargeable to Vendor B

How can it be possible that 1200 will be posted to the main vendor A?

From where should SAP take the 1200?

The paper invoice on your desk from the main vendor can only have a value of 1100. How can it be that the user entered 1200?

For me it looks like a very theoretical scenario during a test where no physical invoice document is available.

Correct me if I am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

From system perspective, I think it is because the insurance condition is on the main vendor as well in the PO  so the 1000 + 100 + 100 are on one account.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen:

Yes client had raised two question about MIRO, one was this you just pinpointed , other question which is very valid from client is

For above scenario from main supplier you will get one invoice for 1100 USD  (1000 for material and 100 for the transport charges) so you will select Goods/Services+Planned delivery cost option in MIRO for booking this amount as a once invoice, once user does this system in MIRO system will copy all the line items of PO in MIRO and here user will have to deselect the line items which are not relevant to this vendor, now lets us talk about a scenario where you have 50 items in PO so system will proportionate insurance cost over 50 items in MIRO , here user have to deselect these all 50 line items belonging to vendor B which is very time consuming and tedious task. I had posted thread in vain that may be i could get some input on this issue from MM domain experts but at the end it got rejected.

Thanks

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Alexandar system does allow you to do that, system will let you post all the planned del cost which may be belong to the other vendor to the principal vendor though with a warning of Different invoicing party which when made as an error message, system entirely stopped the user to use the option Goods/Services+Planned del cost in MIRO  by giving an error upfront as soon PO was entered in MIRO with this option which is another issue.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You actually will have a balance of 100 if you enter 1100 from the paper while the  system proposes 1200 , hence you should never be able to post 1200 to the vendor.

An older OSS note 107626 - Selection vendor and delivery costs with a fix for a design error in Release 4.0

explains as solution: If you enter the purchase order vendor as a selection vendor, now the system only selects the delivery costs for which this vendor is entered as a conditions vendor.

so it seems that your system does either act differently (then open an incident at SAP) or you do not have a vendor in the conditions.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen:

Yes user will be prudent enough to post 1100 value for an invoice for 1100 USD however for calculating 1100 he will still has to deselect the irrelevant PO line item which is cumbersome task for a PO having multiple line item. Note you have given does not apply to my version. Do you have any updated note on this ?

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I have no other note. I mentioned this note only as it describes the design different to yours, and I said you shall open a message to SAP if your conditions have a vendor (which is still not known)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes condition has a vendor ok i will raise an OSS note to SAP.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure you tell them that your behavior is different to the described design in the note.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All:

Thanks a lot for your valuable input, my conclusion having read above all comments is

If Vendor A is principal vendor who is supplying goods and also providing you freight services for the same goods then he will always send you one invoice for these costs so even if we convert warning message M8289 to an error message , doing so will prevent us from posting one invoice for the principal vendor for the goods and planned delivery cost for freight. Option of deselecting line item not relevant for this vendor is always there if we do not convert warning message to error message but this is a loose control in LIV. Anyways i think i will have to go for some enhancement for come up with the client's expectation on it.

Thanks

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

raheem_baksh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atif,

Check the BAPI -  ""BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE""for split creditors line

just check by reading BAPI documentation, i hope it could be possible. in case this could be possible than it help to others also.

Regards

Raheem

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Have you checked the delivery cost conditions in the PO, is your PO contain different vendor for delivery cost, vendor B, if it has proper different vendor at condition type, then while creating MIRO system will give a pop up to select the invoicing party.

Check PO one more time for different ordering and insurance vendor.

Regards,

Zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

In the PO, it is possible to assign a different vendor to the condition, directly in the condition :

This should solve the issue of charging everything to PO vendor account. This is a starting point...

Alexandre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

At the moment of the invoice verification, the system will allocate the condition value to the vendor specified and so on ....Setup a similar process in your development system and validate the accounting schema with the finance team.

Alexandre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just adding an example from the invoice simulation :

The 5 SEK are on a different line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I hope in the PO, against to the Insurance cost condition type detailed view you have changed the Vendor Code from A to B and for Material Cost and Transport cost condition type it will be the Vendor code of A.

If condition types are maintained above said, then by the time of MIRO, when you select the PO and Goods/Services+Planned Del Costs, All 3 line item will come automatically. You cross check in header which vendor code its coming. If it is the main vendor then you deselect the transportation cost and do the miro posting for Vendor A with 1100 USD and in separate MIRO posting you put the PO and Planned Delivery cost only. So only the transportation cost will come with vendor code B.

Hope this post will help you...!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and Regards

Arun Kumar Sahoo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atif,

While posting such Invoice, did you get an warning/ info message like

Different invoicing party XXXXX planned for del. costs item in PO XXXXXXX, Message No. M8289 ?

I got this message in my system and the message long text explains further on how to avoid this.

Kindly check and revert.

Thanks,
Ramesh

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message M8289 says that

"This message is set as a warning in the standard system. In this case, all delivery costs are selected."

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is a standard behavior. I have tested the same and it is happening the same.

I can give you a workaround.

You can post the invoice for Insurance Cost=100 Chargeable to Vendor B first by selecting only planned delivery cost. Then rest all, you can post invoice for vendor A by selecting Goods/Service item + planned delivery cost.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patra:

This is already known to me but this is not the correct way. Lets wait for the other forum's members comments.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure.