cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Function related BRF + rule not getting triggered

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Will both BRF + Derivation Rules and Trigger Check Functions work simultaneously?  I have a requirement to trigger a warning message for a "Lot Size" attribute.  If Lot Size value is XX then system should trigger a warning message.  This lot size also has derivation rules. 

The Check Function is triggering the message in simulation but not in real time in the MDG CR.  Please advise if I am missing anything.  Please see below screen shots for the created trigger function.

Regards,

Rama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the name of the entity you are checking and deriving? Did you create a new entity called ZMARC that contains the check and derivation rules? Your functions should be named as CHECK_<entity> and DERIVE_<entity>. The other thing you need to think about is that functions for a specific entity will only be called when that entity is changed.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Yes the name of the entity I am checking is ZMARC.  I have created Trigger function in Check entity as Check_ZMARC. 

In simulation it is working fine.  But while creating a MDG CR the results of the check function are not getting populated as warning message.

Please advise.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to CHECK_<entity> (all in upper case). The BRF+ application is case-sensitive.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Trigger function is created in upper case.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post a screenshot of the function's general data showing the function's name please.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Please find attached the screen shot. 

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was ZMARC there already in the BRF+ application or did you create it? Another way to ask this question: when you added it to the signature, did you use the "Add Existing Data Object" or the "Add New Data Object" button?

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I used "Add Existing Data Object.".

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might help to run program USMD_ADAPT_BRF for your data model. If that does not fix it, you should have a break point in method CHECK_P of class CL_USMD_RULE_SERVICE to see why it is not calling the BRF+ application.

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Easier way to debug the Check is to generate code for the function and put a breakpoint in the code. You can generate code in Expert mode (use BRFPLUS transaction instead of USMD_RULE to be able to switch the mode in personalization to Expert mode). See the following screenshots

Once you generate the class, you can go to the class in SE24 and put a session break-point in the method PROCESS_PURE and you should be able to check if the context value is being filled.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think the problem is with the BRF+ function itself. The problem seems to be from the fact that the function is not being called. The code generation is helpful in trying to find out what is wrong with the BRF+ function. But in order to find out why it is not being called, you need to debug the MDG method I mentioned above.

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

The function would not be called unless you have made BRFPlus checks not relevant or the entity not relevant for the step you are executing the check at. Please check this in MDGIMG node "Configure Properties of Change Request Step".

The debugging of the generated class for the function would help in identifying if the function is getting called and if the context is being filled or not by MDG.

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran/Abdullah,

Thanks.  I will check and revert.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

There is nothing configured under node "Configure Properties of Change Request Step", do we need to maintain anything here?  Please advise.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is this related to the original question?

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abdulla,

If you turn off the BRFPlus checks at the step level, the BRFPlus function would not get triggered too.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. This flag comes already checked by default.