cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic printing from Webi 14.0 to .net sdk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i already display a BO report in pdf format  inside ASP.net page, but  i need automatic print,

the idea is to load the report and send it to the printer, every time i load a report this should be printed, how i can do that?

I searched a lot, but can not find anything related to this .

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto

What SDK are you using to export the report PDF?

What is the code you are using to display the report in PDF format?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

i am working in VS 2013 ASP and C# with the framework 4.5, i use the next URL to load the report in a Frame:

webiURL = "http://" + server + ".com:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=" + iDocID + "&sIDType=CUID&sOutputFormat=P&" + parameters + "&token=" + token";

<iframe src='" + webiURL + "' onload= this.width=screen.width-20;this.height=screen.height-100;  frameborder='0'></iframe>;

Alberto G.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still not sure here because you either want to:

•    Open the report in the viewer, then be able to print

•    Open the report in the viewer and print at the same time

•    Print to pdf without viewing

You are viewing a webi doc in PDF format using opendocument.  This has the PDF view embedded in the viewer.  So, you can switch to HTML view and the print to PDF, but the PDF view does not have a print button.  You have to right click on the PDF and select “Print”.

If you just want to open the report and print, the REST APIs might be best to export the report to PDF, get the response and then print using some client-side script to print the PDF file.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My my options are:

print the document without viewing

or

open the report in ASP.net and send it to the printer in at the same time.

I would review the REST API,

Thanks Ludek.

Answers (0)