cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OopenDocument and IFrame to open BO documents in the same html page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have I requirement to open BO document inside an HTML page that contains other components, So I use the IFrame flag to open the BO document:

<iframe name="StartTDB" src="http://*.*.*.*:8081/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AcElQAZ8KrVPqqY9jOazmiQ&sIDType...<jsp:getProperty name="SAPBOSession" property="token" />" height="500px" width="940px">

Votre navigateur ne supporte pas les iframes

</iframe>

The issue I have is that sometimes th BO document get opened inside the IFrame (Image 1), and sometimes it reloads all the html page to only open the BO document (Image 2)!!

Image 1:

Image2:

Thank's a lot for your help.

Abdess,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdess,

This issue is already been reported to SAP.

This is an intermittent problem with Google Chrome browser & there is no pattern when this issue happens(report jumps out from the IFRAME & render the report under the whole browser).

Please provide the following information:-

- Which product version are you using?

- Which SDKs are you using for generating the LogonToken? (BOE/REST SDKs)

- Are you giving any parameters for disabling security protocols of Google Chrome browser?

Thanks,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra, Thank's a lot for your response,

Actually, I have checked on both FireFox, Google chrome and Internet Explorer. The issue happens with Firefox and google chrome, but never with Internet Explorer

I think the main cause of this behavior is that when we send the openDocument URL, Business objects generates another URL with other parameters, and that opens the document under the whole browser page...

This happens when using IFrame; the browser opens the document under the whole browser to prevent malware apps...

But what I dont understand is why this issue doesn't happen all time, and only happens 1 or 2 out of 20 cases...

-SAP Business Objects 4.1 SP04

-SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence platform 4.0(BI document access and administration)

-I m not using any parameters to disabling parameter security of chrome ...

Thank's a lot Shailendra.

Abdess,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdessamad EL-BAHY, you alredy got an answer about this issue? or Discovery some way to fix it? i´m in the same situation on a cliente.

Thanks

Luiz Fernando Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdessamad/Luiz,

This issue is already reported to SAP as informed by Shailendra, howver there is workaround to fix this. Please follow the below steps:

- Stop Tomcat or the Java Application server being used
- Navigate to the OpenDocument.properties
- Default location is \Tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\default
- Change the logon.allowInsecureEmbedding=False to logon.allowInsecureEmbedding=true
- Start Tomcat or Java application server

This parameter allows other pages to embed this application (as a frame) without passing a valid embed token.

Additional Information: The above workaround fixes the issue, however impacts performance i.e the report which was opening in 10 secs before might take 15 secs to open after setting the above parameter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rajarsh

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, you should NEVER update the properties files in the default folder.  Instead, look in the \Tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom folder.

If OpenDocument.properties is there, edit it and add a line for logon.allowInsecureEmbedding=true.

If OpenDocument.properties isn't there, create a file called OpenDocument.properties and add the line logon.allowInsecureEmbedding=true.

Once you have made this change, copy the file to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom. Then restart Tomcat.

When you have the file in the custom folder it won't get overwritten when you add service packs or patches to the software.  When you put the file under warfiles, it will automatically be deployed when you re-deploy the website using wdeploy.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Addessamad,

What happens when you try in a different browser.

Capture the fiddler logs for working and non working for comparison.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

Actually I m pretty confused! I checked using many browser (Firefox, google chrome, internet explorer ...).

The issue happens in firefox and google chrome! but not all the time!!! I can for example connect to the webSite using google chrome, and navigate using the webSite menu (Dashboard, explorer, web intelligence, crystal report). The problem doesn't happen every time but in 1 out of 20 cases, the document is opened in the entire page...

Thank's a lot.

Abdess,