cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic material classification proposal at the time of sales order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am new to material classification & would like to know if the below requirement is feasible.

I maintain the Sales unit or base unit of material as LB & i maintain the characteristic conversion value of the material in per LB. Say i maintain that length in feet for an LB as 1 foot.

When i create a sales order for say 2 LB, the characteristic value against the lenght in foot needs to be changed dynamically to 2 foot, however i am continuning to see this characteristic value is still reading as 1 foot immaterial of the qty ordered.

is this acheivable through standard material classification methods?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Ilango

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilango,

Are you using BOM in this case?

I'm replying with presumption that you are using BOM and variant configuration utility.

In case, if you want to change the quantities based on the value entered in 'Characteristic value' of a characteristic, you can use MDATA functionality which can alter the BOM component quantity based on the input chosen in 'Characteristic value'. Obviously, you need to write dependency (procedure) for that.

Alternatively, you can use reference characteristic using VCSD_UPDATE-KWMENG to update the sales order quantity based on the characteristic value chosen. Again, you need to write dependency (procedure) for that.

Please let me know if my presumption is wrong. If so, please provide few more details to help you out with an apt solution.

Regards

SD

Message was edited by: Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

No we dont use BOM but only variant configuration, as this material does not call for any further BOMs, hence it is required at the sales order booking level, such that when i key in the order unit in LB, i need to have the proportionate conversion happening against the foot.

This conversion is not happening now & it always defaults to 1 foot immaterial of the LB qty, i order in.

Regards

Ilango

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilango,

Is it possible for you to provide the screenshots (step-by-step) to propose you a solution accordingly?

However, I have tried in my system and hope that this would suffice your requirement

I created a reference characteristic VCH_LENGTH by referring to VBAP-KWMENG

Here, I have put 'Foot' in 'Unit of Measure' field

Added this characteristic to a class and assigned this class to a configurable material (KMAT-001).

Now, when I'm creating the sales order with 2 EA, this characteristic value is being modified accordingly:

But when going back to Sales Order, it will show 2 EA only. Is it okay with you?

I'm still unclear as to why you want to achieve the conversion by variant configuration.

Regards

SD