cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 MS Drill Down works on one dimension in rows but not the other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

Working in BPC 7.5 MS.  I have a piped report with 3 dimensions in rows.  Members in the first dimension are hard-coded in the expand range.  The second dimension is a combination of SELF and DEP members.  The third is set to SELF.  In our original AppSet, I can double-click drill down on both the second and third dimensions without issue.

I've re-created this report in a new AppSet (same BPC version).  All settings are essentially identical (I've double and triple checked).  The drill down works on the second dimension, but not the third.  I've run out of places to look to find the problem.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It took a while but I finally found some quiet time to re-visit this issue.  Thank you for the suggestions above.  Ultimately I verified that the hierarchy, member selection and tables were all ok.

My next step was to create a new EVDRE with the same members and slowly factor in the piping, membersets, etc.  Drill down worked appropriately.  So that told me something else was at work.

Turns out the problem was with one of the 'display' columns to the right of the row key range.  These columns use formulas to display a triangle if the member isn't calc, thus giving the end user a visual clue that you can drill down on the member.  Long story short, BPC just didn't like that formula.  A minor change (along with some conditional formatting to replace the piece of formula that was removed) eliminated the problem.  Drill down is now working.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i Kim,

have you verified that the queries points to the new DB (appset) tables?

Regards

Roberto

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Is it showing any pop message after double-click?

Please check hierarchy of that third dimension in new AppSet and check which member is selected in current view whether it is parent node or not.

Regards,

Shrikant