Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Test Cockpit false negatives

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ABAP testers and troubleshooters,

I am setting up ATC to automate our code review process, and I am experiencing some spurious priority 1 and 2 errors being reported. I call these "false negatives" because ATC is reporting violations where none exist.

The first is coming from Extended Program Check: "Security check without a released licence" (misspelling of the word "license" is SAP's, not mine). I did some research and found OSS note 1985478, but that note is already in our system, so that doesn't help. I also read note 1865277, which directed me to note 1855773, which told me about the Code Vulnerability Analyzer, a spearately licensed product that we do not own and do not intend to purchase. It doesn't seem to matter which SLIN checks I have selected; if I run any SLIN checks I get this false negative result. Any clues on how to get rid of this "false positive" priority 1 message?

The second false positive is coming from the Code Inspector checks I have configured. It is coming from both the "Naming Conventions" and the "Extended Naming Conventions for Programs" checks: "Inconsistent Name ... PROGRAM/REPORT". The first oddity is that there is no program/report naming convention input field in the Naming Conventions check! Now, I have entered a regular expression in the "Framework programs" section of Extended naming conventions, in the Reports field: "Z[A-Z][A-Z][RIOCEF]_*". An example of a program name that complies with our standard--and should pass this test--is "ZBCE_ZTABLE_ACCESS", but when I run ATC on this program it gives me the aforementioned false negative check messages. When I put this regular expression and program name into the REGEX Toy program, it finds the text string as expected, so I believe that my regular expression is correct. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong here?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

TerryB

P.S. We are on ECC 7.31, SP 13.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

I had a look for your second 'false positive'.
It looks like Code Inspector naming conventions checks report a "Inconsistent Name ... PROGRAM/REPORT" if the object catalog entry of a report deviates from the name given in the REPORT statement in the ABAP code.

For example, in the menu of SE80 one finds under Goto-->Object Catalog Entry:

Object --- R3TR PROG Z_REPORT_XXX

But in the ABAP report itself one can define:

REPORT Z_REPORT_UUU.

The check raises a message for this inconsistency (though development workbench allows it).

Best Regards, Randolf

3 REPLIES 3

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

I had a look for your second 'false positive'.
It looks like Code Inspector naming conventions checks report a "Inconsistent Name ... PROGRAM/REPORT" if the object catalog entry of a report deviates from the name given in the REPORT statement in the ABAP code.

For example, in the menu of SE80 one finds under Goto-->Object Catalog Entry:

Object --- R3TR PROG Z_REPORT_XXX

But in the ABAP report itself one can define:

REPORT Z_REPORT_UUU.

The check raises a message for this inconsistency (though development workbench allows it).

Best Regards, Randolf

0 Kudos

Thank you, Randolf. You are exactly right on my second issue. This particular program had a different name in the PROGRAM statement than the actual object name. I corrected that and both the "inconsistent name" messages disappeared.

Anybody have any ideas on the first issue, where Extended Program Check is complaining about the lack of a license for a product we don't even have installed in our system?

Thanks,

TerryB

0 Kudos

Okay, I just figured the first issue out on my own. I can't explain the why, but here's the what: In my Code Inspector check variant, if I turn on "Security Analyses in Extended Program Check" under "Security Checks," the spurious "without a released license" message goes away. That's the resolution to the first issue. Just to recap, the solution to the second issue is to make sure that the name stated on the PROGRAM or REPORT statement matches the actual object name. All better now! Thanks again, Randolf!