cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM and TM integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We know that in the SCE platform, TM 9.1 and EWM 9.2 will run in the same Instance. Does this mean that we do not need a Middleware to connect EWM with TM. If I create a Delivery in EWM, would the Delivery be passed on to TM (to create a DTR) without passing through Middleware.

Thanks a lot for your insights

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know, TM and EWM must be of the same release to be able to run on the same machine. so 9.1 with 9.2 won't work - but I am not 100 % sure.

For the integration: You can also use WS-RM to integrate between EWM and TM. In this case, you don't need additional middleware (like PI). Documentation here is quite bad (if you aren't experienced in SOAMANAGER and all the stuff around), but we have some experience now (as far as to integration between ECC and TM without PI) 🙂 So just ask in case you have any questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish and micheal,

Thank you for your time and information provided.

Regards,

nani

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One just addition in case you are installing EWM and TM in the same client we dont require to create separate logfcal system or BSG for the same. In case you require more speciifc info kindly let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael.

Please, could you confirm if TM and EWM are in different machines I can integrate different releases? For example, EWM 9.1 and TM 9.3.

Thanks and regards.

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bartira,

please check SAP notes 1738013 and 1984252.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipan,

could you please help to provide what are the software media required  to install TM & EWM9.2

Central sap note referring to have EA_IPPE to install both components on same instance.

Please advise on the installation media.

thanks in advance

Nani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Please check the info file in the software download of SAP TM 9.2 & EWM 9.2. You'll get the information. And as I mentioned before, both TM & EWM are NW addon's so don't use SCM media to install SCM components.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dipan,

We had TM & EWM on the same instance for one of the POC but I think you still need a PI system to communicate between these two.

Regarding the installation, both TM & EWM have similar pre-requisites link SCM B & SCM B+. One precaution you should take is NOT to install using SCM CD otherwise SCM server will also gets installed & then you can't install TM or EWM addon.

~Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipan,

As I'm planning to install EWM9.2 and TM9.2 on SAP Netweaver 7.4. May I know the approach, please.

Thanks

Nani