cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Goal Diagram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm unable to save goal diagrams(custom image) and consequently unable to publish them.

Also while viewing scorecards in front end,It throws Error Message.

Please find attached error screenshots.

Any useful advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The uploaded files are in .PNG format

muhammadalimohsin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have loaded in JPEG and make sure you save and publish the diagram. Also you have to map the objectives / KPIs on them.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always upload .PNG files,save and publish them.It works most of the times but sometime it throws an error "error in saving diagram".

Regards,

Ambi

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ambi,

Particularly when working on a Development server which maybe is a bit underpowered I find that if you do too many things before saving the system can get a bit overloaded and not save what you have done.

So when working on our dev server (which is definitely underpowered!) I typically only position 3 or 4 hot spots before saving in both the Diagram Manager and on the Strategy defaults tab. Then I go back in a do the next few etc. Takes a bit longer but solves the problem.

Regards

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution for "error in saving goal diagram" is to clear IE cache, restart the system and try uploading the file again.

It worked!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what about the "Error" message while viewing scorecard on Strategy Management(end users portal)?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ambi,

I have not seen this "Error Message" before.

Do you get "Error Message" for all the scorecard databases?

What Support package are you running?

Make sure you are using IE in compatibility mode.

Make sure the user has access to the context and a model connection has been assigned to the context.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isabel,

Error message I get for maximum scorecards not though all.

Its sp6.

IE is in compatibility mode.

User has access to context.

The issue may be with the model connection as I've assigned same PAS model(model connection) to many contexts.

Can't we use single model for multiple contexts? If we use single model for multiple context how will we assign  roles(E&A) for each context?

Regards,

Ambi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambi,

That's absolutely fine, you can use the same PAS model for several different contexts.

Can you

- click on F12 after you have logged in SSM User Interface

- or enable debugging in IE: go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, and make sure “Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)” is unchecked and “Display a notification about every script error” is checked

to see if there are more information about the error.