cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.4 Adhoc Template - search query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i attended this years TechED in Berlin and saw the world premiere of Desgin Studio 1.4. During the Live Demo in that session an Adhoc Template was shown in which you were able to search for Queries and select them as a DataSource. Jeroen also mentioned this in his Blog post http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-design-studio/blog/2014/11/14/world-premiere-design-stu...

I was expecting this to be a new feature of the Adhoc Template but it doesn't seem to offer this feature out of the box and i found no mention of it in the User/Admin Guides. Does anybody else have seen this Demo and was able to get this running or knows how you could implement this yourself?

kind regards,

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wasn't in Berlin so I am not certain this covers it.  But it could it be something like the last part of this tutorial where you can add the query/system to the end of the URL of the adhoc template?

See but go to the very end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for your reply. Yes i guess that you would have to use the global script variables XTYPE, XSYSTEM and XQUERY in some way to achieve it. However in the demo shown at TechED they were starting the application without an assigned DataSource and had a search box where you could enter a name of a Query and a list of Queries matching that name appeared. You could then choose which one you want as a Datascource for your application.

When i try to get an application running without an assigned DataSource i get an error message and even if i would get it to start without a DataSource i'm not sure how you can create a search box that will bring you a list of Queries from your BW System as a result set.

This feature did look quite nice in the demo and i would like to add it in one of my applications. So i'm realy interested in how SAP did it.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking back at my notes from TechEd LV, that query search for the ad hoc template is planned for Design Studio 1.4 release SP01, which is coming soon per http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1760372

Good memory, Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for that information. They mentioned that some features will not be available with the 1.4 but will be coming with the next SPs. I didn't catch that the query search feature is one of them.

Then i guess i just have to be a little more patient.

kind regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the searchDataSources function does not work on BIP after installation of SP1 of Design Studio 1.4

Kind regards

Patrick

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andre - found in SP2 - see

Answers (0)