Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Workspaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i view workspaces?

http://localhost:9091/espws/restservice/workspaces

When i create a new workspace will it by default get created in espws/restservice/workspaces? or do i have to do any additional steps to make this workspace available under this location.

-AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Once you add a workspace, it is available and you can start projects in it. You can create a new workspace on the cluster from the Studio (Run-Test Perspective) or using the command line tool:  streamingclusteradmin --add_workspace <name>

Similarly, you can see what workspaces are defined on the cluster from the Studio, server view or using the command line tool:  streamingclusteradmin --get_workspaces

You can also see what workspaces are available, and deploy projects to workspaces, using the REST interface - see the WSP documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I am working on a POC on SAP Design Studio, HANA, ESP integration for one of our customer.

When i pass this url in SAP Design Studio i get the below error, i entered host (localhost) and REST port (9091), and clicked on connect.

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

<title>Error 404 </title>

</head>

<body>

<h2>HTTP ERROR: 404</h2>

<p>Problem accessing /espws/restservice/workspaces. Reason:

<pre>    Not Found</pre></p>

<hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i>

</body>

</html>

I have a project running under default workspace, and it is exposed as a webservice.

Help document does not give any additional information, all it says is ESP should be on SP9 and project should be running.

Appreciate your help.

-AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Now i am getting a different error with the same localhost and 9091 port

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

<title>Error 400 Invalid connection details</title>

</head>

<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 400</h2>

<p>Problem accessing /espws/restservice/workspaces. Reason:

<pre>    Invalid connection details</pre></p><hr><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><hr/>

</body>

</html>

-AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the link to Rest request of getting list of workspaces:

View a List of Workspaces in a Cluster - SAP Event Stream Processor: Adapters Guide - SAP Library

Please make sure that you have the header set up correctly with base64 encrypted credential. And also make sure that in the wsp.xml configuration file the defaultCluster has been pointing to the cluster at localhost and port 9786. Then give it a try and let us know if there's any problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

The Knowledge Management Team is starting an initiative where we monitor this forum in order to identify areas of improvement for the product documentation. I read your comments about having to refer to three documents to get what you were looking for. We would simplify the process so that finding this information would be easier in the future.

Would you mind sharing a little more about your search? Besides the REST documentation in the Adapters' Guide, where did you look? (One thing we could do, for example, is put references in these other documents, so that finding the information would be easier for other customers). Thanks in advance.

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Diana,

To integrate ESP, HANA and Design Studio i had to refer too many documents, it is not like ESP or Design Studio document is incomplete. It is just that i wish there was just one document which had all the information.

So, i created an overview demo, and i will be posting more blogs on this.

-AB