cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration with error/inconsistency status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i have created a variant material (class 300) and i have configurated it.

During configuration activity in MRP3 View i set some value causing a inconsistency configuration status.

Now I would you like know if there is a fm / bapi to have all materials with configuration inconsistency, so that i can create a own custom report.

Thanks a lot

Daniele Pistilli PP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

we have a scenario were we starting the VC in an external SAP System. We use the BAPI
BAPI_CFGINST_INCOMPLETE_CHECK to check inconsistencies. I don't know your environment. Therefore I don't know if it can be used for your application. But basically you could check function group CUW1.

Hope this helps.

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

thanks a lot for you advise.

i have a last question for you : How i have to fill the following field OBJECT_ID ?

Material master ?

I try to use also BAPI_CFGINST_INCONSIST_CHECK fm but i have a dump as result.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, OBJECT_ID is the configurable material. Apparently we are using the BAPI in a different context. We first start BAPI_CFG_CREATE. Maybe the instance is the problem if you start BAPI_CFGINST_INCONSIST_CHECK without the context. Therefore it may not work for you.

If you are using Order BOM scenario you could check transaction CAVC_TEST. Do you know this TAN? It’s a test environment for all VC APIs. Maybe CAVC_I_INCONSISTENCIES is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

I'have seen CAVC_TEST and it's very interesting but when i insert my CUOBJ the result is null.

I thinks that also it is not my scenary.

My scenary is MTS flow and through a custom program i created a configurate material linked to configurable material (class 300).

i create correctly COUBJ number both MARA level and MARC level, and my requirement is to check if the following configurable at end are complete and consistency.

If a could find a fm appropriate i will able to create a my custom report for to run a massive check on all configurate materials.

Very top would be to know also the single characteristic in error.

Thanks a lot for your very useful help.

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen,

i try also the fm CAVC_I_INCONSISTENCIES but i thinks as already said you that my contest is different.

I have a number istannce (as MARA-CUOBJ or MARC-CUOBJ) as start information of configurations.

I would like to find a fm that starting from it  (CUOBJ) in order to get  result check status of configuration (with a characteristic in error).

Thanks a lot

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not know that you are working with material variants. The CAVC functions can only be used for SO and Order BOM scenario. I’m afraid I cannot help. However, for me that sounds more like a process problem than an IT problem.

Anyway, you can have a look at report RCUUPDMATVAR. Maybe that gives you some inspiration.

Hope you'll find a solution.

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

If there is inconsistency during configuration, then there must be some dependency which might be triggering it. Please check for that dependency (constraint).

Kindly revert back for any further information, if required.

Regards

SD