cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeover value only happening in next year?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured to depreciate asset fully if the changeover net asset value of asset reaches $250. The system is depreciating the asset fully but this happens only in the first period of next year since the asset value reaches $250.

Example -

Financial Year - Jan to Dec.

If the asset XYZ is procured on 1st Jan 2014 with value $300 and suppose only monthly depreciation is $5 /mo. This asset will be valued $245 in the month Nov'14 but the system does make the changeover as specified in the configuration till it goes into next financial year 2015. In the very first month, the system will make the changeover for this asset and will fully depreciate.

I want the system to trigger changeover as soon as it reaches the specified value in the configuration instead of next financial year.

Can you please let me know if I have missed any related configuration/setting?

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Please let me know what indicator have you selected for change method in the dep.key?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I have used the change method as '3' - Changeover when net book value less than changeover amount in the dep. key.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Where you have maintained change over amount?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

There is configuration step available to specify the changeover amount under valuation head of Asset Accounting in SPRO.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Check the change over year in the asset master in AW01N by selecting dep.key.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

It is shown as next fiscal year but that is the issue.

This results into postings depreciation of all such assets into first period of next fiscal year.

There should be some option to post all remaining value of asset in the next depreciation run after reaching changeover value.

Any solution?

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In the standard system, the system uses the annual values for check change over method. So if the NBV falls below the change over method, system will change the phase from next financial year.

Regards,

Mukthar