cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 Connect to Salesforce data source, HY000 Invalid_Login error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal Reports 2013 and Salesforce as my data source and receive an error message when trying to connect:

Login failed

HY000:INVALID_LOGIN:Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out. [Database Vendor Code: 58]

I am connecting to a sandbox, test.salesforce.com, and I have added the IP address of the server where Crystal Reports 2013 is installed to the sandbox trusted sites.  I have tried using just the password and password+token in the login credential and receive the error either way.

I use the same credentials to successfully login to Data Loader and to Crystal Reports 2008.

When I try to create a new Crystal Reports 2013 report and select the data source as Salesforce and use the same credentials I receive the same error.

I selected, SAP Salesforce ODBC Driver,  in the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator tool as the System DSN, and still receive the same error when trying to connect.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I am having issue also and have already switched to SP5 for 2013. Did you find a solution for this yet???

Here is my thread -

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelica

We're communicating on two threads and thus kinda crossing and jumping all over the place. Please see my reply on the other thread and continue there.

- Ludek

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Lisa,

Review the previous post on the same subject: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3478003

cause of CR 2008 is working properly, try to install the latest patch level of CR 2013, which is SP05.

Thanks,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

I have added the server where Crystal Reports 2013 is installed as a trusted site in SFDC, and I've also tried logging in with and without the token, and  receive the same error. 

Where can I find the SP05 to download?

Thanks.

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

You can go to support.sap.com, and Download Software. PLs note: you need authorization.

BTW, you can test your connection in excel to be sure it is properly configured.

You max use this thread for How-To Steps.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3655469

I hope it will help.

Thanks,

János.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janos,

Unfortunately, MS Office is not loaded on this server; it is only used for Crystal Reports, so I do not have access to Excel to test the ODBC entry I have setup using the CR out-of-the-box Salesforce driver by Simba.

When you say I need authorization to download the Service Pack 05, I am using a trial version of CR 2013 - we are trying to evaluate it.

Who/how do I get authorization?

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I have just quickly created a SFDC account, and it is working perfect. What's you version of CR?

I used:

address: test.salesforce.com

username: my email addres i used at registration

password: my password+security token

if you have a proxy server, please configure it:

locate CRConfig.xml

go to the end, and locate section <SForce> and add to this section

<SForce>

<UseProxy>TRUE</UseProxy>

<ProxyAddress>YOUR PROXY SERVER NAME OR ADDRESS</ProxyAddress>

<ProxyPort>YOUR PROXY SERVER PORT</ProxyPort>

</SForce>

I hope it helps,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janos,

My Crystal Reports version is

Crystal Reports 2013

Version 14.1.4.1327

CR Developer

The server where Crystal Reports 2013 is installed is not a proxy server.

Also in a prior post, can you tell me how I can authenticate to be able to download the SP05?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janos,

Please could you advise where I can find the Crystal Report 2013 SP05 or above Service packs available as in http://www.sap.com/software-free-trials/index.html I could only find Crystal Report 2013 SP04.

Thanks,

Apoorv

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Contact sales and they will provide an ftp link: 866-681-3435

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek