cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Security Tasks Mass Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to create around 5000 Teams and same number of Data Access Profiles for various hiererachy nodes. I am considering to use "BPC Mass User Management" tool but having some issues with the syntax and version related which I am working witht ABAP team to fix it. Meanwhile would like to check do we have any other tool to fulfill mass activities in security space (Users, Teams, Task Profiles & DAP etc..)?

Also pls let me know do we have any method to move security changes to other systems (i.e. transport)? If so pls let me know detailed steps or route me to suitable blog.

Version: BPC 10.0 NW (CPMBPC 801 SP8) and SAP BW 740

Thanks in advance ...

Sridhar Vandanapu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through the following link,

Though it is not supported by SAP, it will help you.

It's about user assignment to teams and profiles.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for the blog, in fact it's quite useful from assignment perspective. Do we have any other methods to create DAP's & Teams massevely?

Sridhar ..

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

As of now that's the only one known way to me.

Regards,

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrikant ..

Guys - Any idea how to transport security objects in BPC area? Do we have any Transport Management Consol / Dashboard to perform this? If so pls share me "How to" procedure .

Appreciate your response ...

Sridhar ..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

We have created around 15,000 Teams and same number of DAP's in BPC server (NW 10.0). Now I can see some difficulty in below area's. Can some one answer please?

1. Finding the Teams & DAP's in webclient, I don't see Find option  . Am I missing something or BPC doesn't have this feature at all?

2. Is there any way of Mass Deletion of Teams & DAP's (apart from BPC webclient)?

3. How to update existing DAP's massevely for Member level access?

Appriciate your quick response please ..

Regards,

Sridhar Vandanapu.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

1) Don't have find option by design

2) Please go through the fooling tables may be you will find something helpful

3) Form security - > Teams you can import team and user via csv ( may be helful)

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks, I was aware of these tables. But I am looking for any alternative option to delete Teams & DAP's via input file instead of deleting from web client?

Regarding your answer to 3rd question I am aware of this option for user assignment, but my question is any other way to update DAP's via input file instead of opening each DAP and update it for additional member access?

I hope I am clear with the questions..

Appriciate your help ..

Sridhar Vandanapu.