cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange issue with portal personalization in iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i have a VERY strange issue with portal (740): with admin in portal content i have changed a button text in an iview (web dynpro java). so this button has the text "save and send" instead of default value "save".

so far, so good: i have tested it and it works. when another user @customer tries it, he has the OLD button text in internet explorer. when he tries it with google chrome it works, he has the NEW text (also with firefox....). But for me it also works with internet explorer. Internet Explorer version of me and my customer are exactly the same.

So what can cause this strange problem that the button is displayed with new text in google chrome and not in internet explorer for my customer.

There was a portal-restart in between, user has deleted all temp.files, cookies, etc...... but still the old text is displayed.

any ideas ?

br, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the Portal Language to match what you have set in Internet Explorer. Hope this helps. Cheers- Pramod

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only think of temporary files in IE.... user should clear the browser cache, including unchecking the "Preserve favorite webdiste data.

BR,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have tried this several times before, its not working anyway

the user has not auth. for checking the "Prreserve favorite websidte data", it is already UNchecked and greyed out, see screenshot. (in german language).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is a custom WDJ, is there a conditional regarding the labeling? However, I would try to debug this resp. take a look to the network traffic.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, it is a standard WDJ. what do you mean with "conditional regarding the labeling" ?

how should i debug this ? WHAT should i debug ?

br, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, it is a standard WDJ. what do you mean with "conditional regarding the labeling" ?

something like:

if (cond1) { ... labelTxt = "save";  ... }

else { ... labelTxt = "save and send"; ... }

how should i debug this ? WHAT should i debug ?

since its SAP standard stuff (codelink?) abovementioned is unlikely. Regarding debugging: use fiddler, http watch, browser deubg tools or whatever you like. Sniff the traffic, identify the right package and compare for both cases. Source debugging can be done with NWDS: identify the application, download from the fs of EP, decompile, import and hang with a debug session in.

cheers