cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent Java Security Warning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone have an idea how to prevent Java Security Warning. Java Security Warning will exist every time when Router Maintenance is opened first time in new session.

Thanks for your answers in advance

Regards,

- Jukka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex and Sergiy,

thanks for advises. We'll contact to ME Consulting team to get rid of Security Warning.

Regards,

- Jukka

0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

I also wrote a blog on this topic, please, check it out:

http://scn.sap.com/community/manufacturing/blog/2014/02/07/java-7-and-applets

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka

Have a look at SAP Notes 1957708 and 1987311. There is a fix, but it's in 6.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

in Security Warning is text "The certificate used to identify this application has expired". When selected "More Information" -> "View Certificate Details" an certificate for SAP America Inc is visible. Validity of certificate is:

[From: Thu Sep 12 03:00:00 EEST 2013,

To: Fri May 30 02:59:59 EEST 2014]

When I open Router Maintenance in another SAP ME installation validity of certificate is:

[From: Thu May 27 03:00:00 EEST 2010,

To: Sun May 27 02:59:59 EEST 2012]

Where this certificate is located in application server? Is it in code of SAP ME in application server?
Is it not possible to renew certificate?`

Regards,

- Jukka

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

I guess you are using SAP ME of prior 6.1 release but with JRE 7 where the issue has actually started to occur. If so, then it is expected that you use JRE 6 with such release of SAP ME.

Technically it is possible to update the old release with a new certificate that same way as it has been done for ME 6.1 but this is needed for JRE 7 which is not officially certified for prior 6.1 releases of SAP ME.

Thus, if you really need to go about ceritificate update, you'd contact ME Consulting team so that they discuss your request with Product Managemenet team to decide if it is a valid approach.

Regards,

Sergiy