cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFAR (RAAFAR00) - Re Calc Depreciation report does not run in Background?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated Enterprise Extension EA-FIN during a fiscal year. I want to run AFAR to re calculate Depreciation. 

I am able to Run AFAR in test mode, however, when I execute as a background job I get a error message "selection not allowed in production run -  program terminated".

The previous fiscal year is closed. We are currently in period 8 (completed the depreciation run AFAB for that period).

Please advise how I can get AFAR to run in Background successfully.

kind regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

According the last that Sudhakar sent to you, yes, it's not possible reverse depreciation post. But in the past, one client ask to reversal for only one asset. To do this, you've to change the depreciation key to 0000 and run AFAB tcode again in the same period. After the run, undo the change in the depreciation key for the next period run normally.

But this is an workaround and in the last case, so be careful to run AFAB tcode.

JPA

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Go through the below notes. They should help you in resolving your issue.

Note 94963 - Repeat run of depreciation posting

Note 82499 - No reversal function for depreciation posting run

Regards,

Sudhakar*

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You have to maintain open fiscal years in the field from fiscal year in AFAR. Then only system will allow to run successfully.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I have entered Company Code, DepArea 01 and open Fiscal year. I still cannot run successfully.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

But the error says previous fiscal year is closed. Check which fiscal year you have closed in OAAQ.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

all fiscal years are correctly closed. I am only running AFAR for the open fiscal year.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

First you run the depreciation in repeat mode for the period 8 in AFAB. Then system will automatically recalculate the depreciation which are changed.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you given a range of assets.

Leave the asset range blank and try to run.

If you still getting dump, then look if there are any relevant notes. Check dump details in ST22.

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have not entered a range. I am not getting a dump either. Just when reviewing the spool file log in SM37 I am able to see the ERROR message "Company code  5100 - Selection not allowed in production run - program termination"

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any log in ST22. Since it is a background, it has terminated in the background, please look at ST22 entries for the user.