cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply custom application configuration to MSS Employee Profile? - HRMSS_EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Info: ECC 6, EHP6 using MSS WDA - using both portal 7.4 and NWBC.

I am trying to customise the employee profile overview on MSS by calling the WDA with our custom application configuration. The problem is I can’t see the link between the Application Alias called in the Launchpad, and the actual application that is called.

Does anyone know how this works for applications of type OBN?

Details:

So, this application is kicked off via the Launchpad menu MSS instance EMPLOYEE_MENU.

I can see when it opens, from the technical help, this is running application HRMSS_EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE with the configuration HRMSS_EMP_OVER_PROFILE:

The launch pad is configured:

Application alias EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE,

Application parameters: PROFILE=EMP_OVERVIEW_PROFILE&FILTER_PERS=X&SUBST_CLASSIFICATION=NO_CLASS

Launchpad config:

Something else I noticed, as standard the employee profile application is in the pfcg role as invisible. There is no application alias or component configuration in there.

This question has gone unanswered in a few places:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3283406

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3522185

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3516382

Here it is flagged as answered, but it seems he has changed the standard configuration rather than calling the app with a custom config.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3408925

I guess this could be a general question of how to link the Launchpad application alias to the application being called?

Thanks in anticipation

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

I have changed the application config to point at my custom one in the pfcg role. I now have control of the configuration for this application.

Still unsure how the launchpad role application alias links though to the WDA app ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Phil,

What I have noticed when configuring the launchpad, is in order for OBN to work, you need to have the WDA that you want to launch, so in your case, you want to get to the Employee Profile, and I'm assuming from Team View within the same folder in the Role Menu in PFCG.  Make it hidden too so it doesn't show up as an option to click on. 

When you upload your role to the portal, there will be an association created and when you click on Employee Profile from the Team View, it automatically knows to point to the Employee Profile you have inside PFCG.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

Kevin

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

for example you can check here and replace standard with custom one 1943809 - How to create a custom launchpad and assign the custom launchpad to FPM in ESS WDA 2035081 - How to add a custom infotype to ESS 'Personal Profile' in WD ABAP

2021994 There is a note to check for OBN errors but you don't have this error.

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it does indeed make sense. That’s the behaviour I am seeing only through trial and error rather than following configuration.

What I don’t understand is how - ‘from the Team View, it automatically knows to point to the Employee Profile you have inside PFCG’

How does it automatically know? What is the link between the node in the ‘lpd_cust’ team view menu, to that pfcg node that outlines what app should be used to display employee profile?

Thanks

Phil

phildeane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for the reply also. Some useful stuff there – so far not a requirement from the customer to add custom infotypes, just trying to get the standard stuff working and hide a few fields!

The problem I have is not so much with the launch pad, is this link between application alias and the actually application & app config. In this case it happens to be and OBN.

Thanks

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Phil,

Ok, it was a while ago when I configured this.  So, in the IMG, you go to Personnel Management -> Organizational Chart Visualization -> Configure Organizational Chart Visualization.  Choose Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration.  In here you should see MSSBIZVIEW.  I have created a copy of this and customized it for what the client wanted, but, in the standard, select it.

Click on Structure and choose MSS_TMV_EE_DIR.  Click on Navigation Field Group, and then Navigation Events from LPD Customizing.  Inside here is where you set the Role and Instance to point to the launchpad that contains the links for the little menu.  Standard points to role MSS instance EMPLOYEE_MENU.  This is then picked up when the team view is started.

Reading this, I don't think I answered your question.  OBN is role based.  My understanding is becuase of that, if you don't have the iView that you want to launch using OBN within your role, then you will get an error that says:

There is no iView available for system "xxxxxx": object "Employee". For more information, contact system administrator.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (0)