cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrambling Salary Data in TDMS 4.0 SP07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mates,

We have installed TDMS 4.0 SP07, now we are in process of Scrambling rules creation

Our few requirements are:

1. Scrambling of Employee salary data while migrating from PRD to QAS and need to change 4 fields in one table.

2. We want to copy whole client data using "Full transfer of Client-Specific Data" with above scrambling rules including.

My queries are:

1. Can I create a rule using scrambling type " Value Range Table" with some min & max value range to scramble the salary field to unknown number?

2. Or I need to select scrambling type " No mapping " and create a custom code to scramble the data?

3. And can I include these rules in " Full Transfer of Client-Specific Data" and Execute?

Please provide your valuable suggestion.

Thanks,

Sandy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

First of all , regarding salary scrambling, SAP does not recommend scrambling the salary field as such, since it might lead to inconsistencies in the cumulative reports generated.

If you still want to go ahead and do a salary scrambling please find the below response to queries,

"1. Can I create a rule using scrambling type " Value Range Table" with some min & max value range to scramble the salary field to unknown number?

2. Or I need to select scrambling type " No mapping " and create a custom code to scramble the data?"

Ans: Yes, you can create a rule using "Value Range Table" with min and max range and scramble the salary field and You don't have to write any custom code.

"3. And can I include these rules in " Full Transfer of Client-Specific Data" and Execute?"

Ans : Yes you can include these rules in "Full Transfer of Client-Specific Data'. There is an activity "Define Scrambling Rules" in the process tree which will let you activate the newly created rules.

For help in creating Scrambling objects you can refer to scrambling guide or for quick help you can refer to the below link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52263

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerrin,

Thank you for your information, it's very help full.

Also can you suggest on below query:

1. We want to scramble 4 fields in one table and 2 fields in another table.

Ex: Table: TABLE1

Fields: FIELD1, FIELD2, FIELD3 & FIELD4.

Table: TABLE2

Fields: FIELD1 & FIELD7.

2. While creating Rule for TABLE1 which FIELD i have to select as a Primary Table- Field?

Do i need to select 4 fields as primary, if i want to scramble?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Sandy.

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Could you elaborate more on the requirement you have.

Please answer the following questions,

1. Does all the four fields in the TABLE1 hold the same information and you intend to scramble all the four fields with the same value ?

2. Are fields of TABLE1 and TABLE2 related via  a common key and also does the fields of TABLE2 (FIELD1 and FIELD7 )  store same information as in fields of TABLE1.

3. Do you want to achieve some sort of consistency across TABLE1 and TABLE2 after scrambling. If yes please elaborate on the details.

Regarding the second query,

"2. While creating Rule for TABLE1 which FIELD i have to select as a Primary Table- Field?

Do i need to select 4 fields as primary, if i want to scramble?"

Ans : In a rule you can select only one field as primary table field. The purpose of the primary table-field is that it act as a master table-field and the scrambling forms mapping for all the unique values from the chosen primary table-field  and uses this mapping data to scramble the secondary table-fields mentioned in the rule. So in general, we group those fields which hold same information into one rule.

Note : If the primary table-field stores duplicate value, please maintain keyset for all the table-field combinations in the rule. ( Keyset act as unique identifier of the records within the table ).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerrin,

Thank you for your reply and patience:

1. No all field in TABLE1 having different values.

2. No Both table are not related and contains different information

3.  We need to maintain different value's in all different fields

also we don't have any issue with storing of duplicate value for the records.

So we decided to create individual rules to all FIELDS.

and while creating rule for table PA0008 and Field BET01. I am getting the warning "Table-Field combination PA0008-BET01 doesn't exist."

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sandy.

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You get the error 'Table-Field combination does not exist' in two scenarios.

a) When you do not give the landscape that can be used for validation. For instance all the rules will be mostly created in a solman system , the control system and hence all table fields will not exist. In such a case, within the rule there is a input field as landscape. Here you can maintain which landscape you want the tables to be validated from.

b)If  you are still getting the issue after landscape assignment, then it means the table field does not exists in the corresponding system also.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerrin,

Yes, You are correct.

And one final query " while using Value Range Table method, we gave range as 5 - 500 for one field. we are trying to scramble around 4000 table entries.

System automatically may give some duplicate values. So this duplicate values will not effect to actual data right?"

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Sandy.

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

As the question is not clear I will try to answer it based on my understanding,

• In case if you are referring to the original data in the sender system, scrambling will not touch original data maintained in the sender system, it scrambles the content copied into cluster before transferring, so after transfer you will only see scrambled data in the receiver system.
  • In case if you are running a standalone scrambling, then the data is actually modified in the system after scrambling package is completed.

If the question Is will data be lost due to duplicate values in either transfer or standalone scenario,

Ans : If you use 'value range table'  duplicate keys might occur even if the range is large enough as it is random selection between the range. And if you create a rule with "Value range table'  for a key field of the table , then it will end in loss of entries in the receiver system/execution system, as it results in duplicate keys in the db level and insert will only insert one entry per key.

However, it will not affect the actual data in the sender system in a transfer scenario.

But in standalone as we executing scrambling directly in the system, it affects the actual entries in the system.

Hope this cleared the doubt.

Regards,
Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Jerrin. All your help is really great.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerrin,

We have one issue with Scrambling of Data.

We Ran the TDMS run with Scrambling rules. To Scramble currency, we used keyset of PERNR.

Now the problem is TDMS scrambling the data based on PERNR. If we have multiple entries with same PERNR. TDMS giving same value to the all same PERNR entries.

Also tried with Key Set with Start Date and other. Still it's scrambling in same way.

If the Keyset value exist 10 times. TDMS assigning same new value 10 times.

Can you pls help if is there any way to get different values for all entries?

Thanks in Advance,

San's

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello San's,

This issue can be solved by providing multiple keys in the keyset so that scrambling engine uniquely identifies each record in the table. Or if you cannot find a unique key please provide the primary key combination of the table itself as the keyset.

If you are having secondary table-fields in the rule it is mandatory to make sure that the same keys exist in the secondary tables. ( Name of the field can be different, but what it stores should be same )

Important notes :

1.  If you are providing secondary table, please maintain the same keys in the keyset of secondary table-fields as in primary table-filed keyset. ( Names of the field is not relevant ).

2. Order in which the keys are provided in keyset is important. In secondary table-fields, please use the same order of keys for keyset as in the primary table-fields keyset.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerrin,

Thank you for your Help & support, it's really helped us.

We have seen one more minor issue with Project Statuses. After successful completion of all tasks in a package under project, Still the project status showing as In Progress or Cancelled.

The status not moving to Completed, also we do not have option to change.

And while doing post migration steps, did the process will not delete the data in cluster tables which are created for migration data.

Because, while running the further migrations we are getting below warning in steps " Creation Data Cluster in Sender System " & Generation of table cluster in the Receiver System".

Warning: " Cluster CNVMBTCLU could not be deleted as it already contains data" & " Cluster DMC_INDXCL could not be deleted as it already contains data".

Can you pls suggest us, if we want to perform any manual activity or need to apply any bug fixes?

Regards,

San's

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello San's

Please implement SAP Note 2078915 and check if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerrin,

I need a help in assigning Scrambling rules to project.

I have created a New Solution Category, Group and subgroup.

Created a rule and assigned:

RULE --> Group --> Super Group (all these are under newly created solution category).

While assigning this rule to project its in inactive. Pls check below screen shot:

But the rule is showing green in Scrambling Rule Tab.

Regards,

San's.

jerrin_francis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi San's,

This could happen because there is no landscape assigned to the rule at the project level.

Please do the following steps and check,

1. Assign a proper landscape to the rule(edit mode) at the project WorkCentre level.

2. Validate the rule and save.

3. Now refresh the project WorkCentre and check whether the issue is solved.

Note : This kind of issue won't happen when you copy rules to package as a package is by default associated with a valid landscape.

Note : The group/super group status is cumulative status of the objects under it, if all objects are green then group/super group status will be green, if at least one object is yellow/red group/super group status would be red.

If the above steps did not solve the issue please open an OSS incident under CA-TDM-SCR component , scrambling team will look into the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jerrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerrin,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Regards,

San's