cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled recurring reports not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

After an upgrade to CR 2013 server, all our recurring reports are not automatically running. Viewing the reports with the latest data works fine so they can connect to the database.  I compared all settings between the old (XI R2) and new server but can't find any issue that may prevent the recurring reports from running.  In the history for each report in the CMC, the just show status Pending and nothing else.

In the Servers section in the CMC, some services show as Stopped after rebooting the server.  However, manually starting them work fine but scheduled reports still don't run.n  I don't know if this is related at all.

APS.DataAccess

APS.Auditing

APS.Core

APS.Search

APS.LCM

Some recurring reports are viewed through Lanch Pad (Infoview) and others are emailed as a PDF.  I checked to make sure it can connect to our internal SMTP Exchange server).Is there a log I can check that will show more information about the problem?  Any other ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed on a new server so it was easy to start over.  On the second try, I first installed the full 2013 software which was SP1.  I installed the SP4 update and then used the upgrade tool to import data from the old server.  On the first try, I wasn't aware there was a SP4 so I think the SP1 version messed up the upgrade in the first try.

I did disable some of the services on the old server as per the instructions before the upgrade on the first try.  On the second try, I also disabled them on the new server during the upgrade.

So not sure about the exact cause of the problem on the first try either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up doing a new install and import of the old system and now they are running fine.  Unfortunately, not much help for solving your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Frank. By the time you did, I had already headed in the same direction. We reverted the server to a pre-migration backup and tried again. This time it was successful and there have been no issues.

For anyone reading this thread in the future, I only did one thing differently on the second try: Some of the information on SAP's site indicates that to improve the performance of the UMT's migration process, you can disable all but a handful of the BOE services running on each server. I followed these instructions the first time. The second time, I left all services running on both servers while the migration occurred. I'm not sure if this was the original cause of the issue or not; just putting it out there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you able to find a solution to this issue? I am having an identical issue. The only error I can find in the logs is:

assert failure: (.\src\rptparameters.cpp:1800). (false : procReport.dll: CReportDllParameters::InitObjectFromBag(): could not extract SI_LOGON_MODE from SI_LOGON property bag).

Google search yields no results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many files with AdaptiveJobServer in the name and they don't have any info that is easy to understand.  The .glf files have a lot of repeating information:

.\src\rptparameters.cpp:1795:-: TraceLog message 1

|33bdc0df-7eb2-1b44-cbd2-ea2b1b892bf8|2014 11 23 08:16:01:144|-0500|Error| |>>|E| |jobserver_IMISERVER2.AdaptiveJobServer_CRCPPSchedulingService_CHILD3| 7840|6004|| |0|0|0|0|-|-|-|-|-|-||||||||||||assert failure: (.\src\rptparameters.cpp:1795). (false : procReport.dll: CReportDllParameters::InitObjectFromBag(): could not extract SI_LOGON_MODE from SI_LOGON property bag).

This is one .trc file:

---------------------------------------------------

trc file: "jobserver_IMISERVER2.AdaptiveJobServer_ncs.trc", trc level: 1, release: "720"

---------------------------------------------------

M [Thr 4212] Thu Dec 11 14:12:23 2014

M  [Thr 4212] ***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: '$SMDAgentHost' not found: getaddrinfo [ninti.c 895]

M  [Thr 4212] *** ERROR => Main agent failed to be initilized due to incorrect host setting! [ncsmtdatasen 20]

M  [Thr 4212] *** ERROR => Main agent failed to be initilized due to incorrect host setting! [ncsmtdatasen 20]

M  [Thr 4212] NCS trace timer is disabled since the interval is set to 0

M  [Thr 4212] NCS data timer is disabled since the interval is set to 0

M  [Thr 4212] NCS library version 2.3.9 (unicode) loaded

M  [Thr 4212] NCS_ProcInit API invoked

0 Kudos

Hello,

there can be a lot of reasons for that. Try the following:

1. Check the log of your Adaptive Job Server

2. Did you had Servergroups in XI Rel.2? Do you have them again in CRS2013?

3. Can you run the Reports on Demand?

4. Are all the Services Running and enabled?

5. Check that your license key has not been expired

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Where are these logs?  I can't find any in the CMC or on the server (except raw log files in the Program Files directory)

2. We only have a single server for CR and can't find any group settings on the old server.

3. Reports on demand run fine.

4. All services look good and running

5. License key should be good, entered in the CMC.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you find the log under:

<BO_INSTALL_DIR>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging

It should be called "HOSTNAME.AdaptiveJobServer.*"

Regards

-Seb.