Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pgp encryption

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please advise how do we do pgp encrption in Windows. We have platform agent installed on the server.

Regards,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

I do not understand the question ... what does this have to do with CPS ?

See Gpg4win - Secure email and file encryption with GnuPG for Windows

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carpenter.

I am sorry for the confusion. I mean, can we do pgp encryption using CPS to files on a windows server?. Please advise.

Regards,

Ramana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

With GnuPG for Windows you can, of course. Anything you can do on the command line, you can do with CPS ... some things you can do in GUI's (Windows programs), you can also do with CPS ... however, it is slightly more complex.

See The GNU Privacy Handbook from the beginning (Getting started)

GnuPG uses public-key cryptography so that users may communicate securely. In a public-key system, each user has a pair of keys consisting of a private key and a public key. A user's private key is kept secret; it need never be revealed. The public key may be given to anyone with whom the user wants to communicate. .

Once you have generated your public and private keys, you can encrypt/decrypt files with them. However, this is out of the scope of CPS.

To decrypt, see How to Batch Decrypt With GNU GPG: 6 Steps (with Pictures)

To encrypt, see Windows - gpg automated encryption

Note that in the latter link, there is a line that needs to be changed in the batch script and that is provided by Lee Elcocks on  Friday, July 22, 2011 9:44 AM.

If you manage to encrypt a file on the command line, copy the commands to a CMD.exe job definition and run that.

Note that %% in a batch file need to be expressed as % on the command line, however, you have to double them again in CMD job definitions.

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so so much Carpenter.

Regards,

Ramana

Answers (0)