SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Account Assignment Cannot be posted Error

former_member220526
Active Participant

Hi,

While posting asset acquisition system is throwing me an error that

"FM account assignment 1000111001/5210003 cannot be posted in posting ledger 9A"

I am only getting this error while posting asset acquisition. in any other posting system is not giving this error. please help me out here how to fix this. also while executing diagnosis of this error system gives me message that

"Indicator for checking of posting addresses switched off"

Please help me out.

Regards,

10 REPLIES 10

former_member13777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Can you maintain Posting Address and execute transaction again.

Please check relevant Commitment item master that it is 'directly postable'

Sunoj

0 Kudos

Hi Sunoj,

Thank you for your reply. why do i need to maintain posting address? as i don't see any setting for my FM area for checking the posting address. so i don't think this is active in my system but still i am receiving this error. could you please help me in this.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain posting address and try. what is the result. have you checked the CI master

Sunoj

0 Kudos

Hi Sunoj,

i think i have located the error. i activated trace on derivation strategy and found that fund is not being derived for asset line item during my posting. could you please help me out in finding why its not being derived and how can i fix this. derivation rules do exist and so does in asset master.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do you maintain the fund, in asset's master data? In this case, you would need to define a derivation rule, which would extract this information: it won't flow automatically just from the fact of posting on this asset. You can use rule of type 'function module' and use pre-defined module FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET, filling GEBER (fund) from the source field.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Its really good to finally hear from you Eli. i was hoping to hear an answer from you

yes we are maintaining fund in asset master and system reads the data from asset master. i turned on the trace and found that fund is not being derived in asset line item during posing. i am stuck here now. don't know where the problem is as rules value does exist in fmderiver as well in asset master. could you please guide me in this regards,

Regards,

0 Kudos

In the trace, you are supposed to see the rule in question and see if it reads the data correctly, i.e. accesses to function module with filled input parameters, e.g. asset number, company code, etc. Did you check this? You can share screenshot from the trace, while posting the document and arriving to relevant rule. Also, post a setting that you put in this rule, i.e. which target fields are you filling.

0 Kudos

following are the screen shot from Trace.

i am sorry i didn't get you 2nd requirement. would you like to know the structure of the rule? like source fields and target fields? please let me know

0 Kudos

Well, obviously the asset is filled, which is most important. What I asked is to provide the rule, where you derive the fund.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Its been resolved. some settings in asset accounting additional assignment were missing. i transported them and its working now thank you so very much for your support

Regards,