cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL personalization possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

in UWL there is a warning message "Substitution is currently turned on. You can turn off substitution under Manage Substitution Rules". I want to HIDE this message for all users , even if they have an active substitution.

How to achive this ? I have tried to personalize the iview for UWL, but there is no possibility to do it. When i CTRL-right click i don't get the option to change the layout, in only get "tecnical info".

so 2 questions:

1) any ideas how to hide the message in UWL for all users ?

2) why does personalization not work in UWL like in all other iviews ?

br, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.)If you cant find this options on one of the UWL iView properties, there is no. I havent see an option for turning off the label you are talking about and would assume there is no. Use the Java UWL Api to develop an UWL iView however you like it

2.)Personalization should be available thourgh the iView option "personalize iview", premised its on at all. So this is working in generall, but obviously not for you. On the basis of delivered error description through you its difficult to say what is going wrong

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, you understand me wrong. I am administrator with full rights in portal. for every(!) personalization is working (with preview of iview and doing a crtl-right click). But for UWL iview this is NOT possible, when i am doing a ctrl-right click i only have the option "technical info", but i am not able to

customize the buttons, etc.......".

br martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

no, you understand me wrong. I am administrator with full rights in portal. for every(!) personalization is workin 

this shouldnt matter, in fact all users are affected. Should be com.sap.portal.iview.ShowPersonalize property

But for UWL iview this is NOT possible, when i am doing a ctrl-right click i only have the option "technical info", but i am not able to

customize the buttons, etc.......".

what Im talking about is this:

Not sure we talking about same option. Please provide your release and process description.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, i think we are not talking about the same.

i am talking about personalization for ALL users as admin in portal content.

i go to portal content -> to the UWL iview. then i select 'preview'. inside that when i do ctlr + right click on mouse i only get "technische Info" (tecnical info) it is an german language portal. see screenshot:

when i call any other iview (like time corrections of ESS) i also get the option "Einstellungen für aktuelle Rolle" ("Settings for actual role" or something like this in english): when i choose this i can change everything like renaming buttons, delete buttons, etc.....), see screenshot:

so why this option is not available in UWL iview ??

br, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

True, thats another issue. So you are trying to do somethink like this?

Personalizing Web Dynpro iViews Based on Roles - Portal - SAP Library

This sounds also similar to yours:

without a solution unfortunately.sap-config-mode=true?cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, thats exactly the same issue as mine.

and yes, config-mode is set to true in the link.

br, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its same on my environment and I cant find any SAP notes on this. If I had to guess I would say, assuming WD runtime is configured correctly, UWL dont have this option at all, since personalization is provided already by the funcionality I pointed you to. To be sure I would ask in an OSS. If so, you are good with same answer like on your first point

cheers