cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User tables belonging to the dbo schema were found in the database...

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to System Copy a database (SQLServer 2012) in a named instance of SQL. I'm therefore unable to use the schema conversion via sapinst (see TST_conv_error) as it won't see the named instance.

I'm therefore having to try the old way (sapnote1294762) - move and repair. The scripts seem to have done what they've supposed to do (see TST_dboschema), but I'm getting the 'User tables belonging to the dbo schema were found in the database' error - these 7 tables seem to be in every other database that I've checked. Checked the permissions on the schemas and they are all as should be.

I've opened an OSS call with SAP, but was wondering if anyone could help out with this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

these are tables from the monitoring environment within the SAP system and they should belong to the tst schema. You can try to move them by running

USE TST

ALTER SCHEMA tst TRANSFER dbo.sap_dblocks

ALTER SCHEMA tst TRANSFER dbo.sap_mon_para

If you get an error that the object already exists, the tst table already exists and dbo table is most probably from an old monitor and can be dropped. You might want to transfer the data to the existing table, you can do this by running:

INSERT INTO tst.<table> SELECT * FROM dbo.<table>

Best regards

Clas Hortien

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221487
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Clas!..dropped the tables and all working fine now.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Glad to hear it's all resolved! That being the case, could you select Clas's response and click the button on it for Correct Answer? That will mark your question as answered and give him the credit for having helped you.

Thanks, and regards,

Matt