cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with incompatible Excel add-ins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using SAP BPC version 10 for Microsoft Windows and have some problems with other add-ins in Excell 2007.

We know we have issues with Performance Point add-ins to Excel, but as our SAP solution is replacing Performance Point it is a minor problem.

We have however some other add-ins and I was wondering if anybody else have had issues with those or know of conflicts with those.

The other add-ins are:

XLcubed

Think-cell

Thanks in advance

/Kelly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

there is an old note about XLCubed 1100040 - XLCubed and OutlookSoft still active and nothing about Think-cell so probably is only the first add-in that has a conflict, try disabling it.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now tried if it is possible to diseble add-ins in Excel and sadly it is not.

You need administrative rights to be able to do that.

As you can see by the picture, it is not possible.

I think the best way to go forward is to create a package that allows users to enable and disable the add-ins. That way only the users that need to be able to change wether an add-in is enalbed or not have that possibility.

/Kelly

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

if not possible to run as admin the other possibility is to install the add-ins, at least XLCubed, not for "all users" but only for "current user" so you will not receive this message.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Yes I know this, but I work in a large organisation and the other add-ins are not mine to change. But as I said I will try to create a package that will give the users rights to enable and disable add-ins in Excel. I will just have to go our security group and have a talk with them about it.

Thank you so much for the input on this.

/Kelly

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Was facing similar kind of issue while working whit different add-ins at a time. Before installing EPM Add-in , excel performance was good.

We were simply Enabling / disabling EPM Add-in as per requirement from excel options. 

Shrikant   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We do not have that option, as many add-ins require you to be local administrator to be able to enable/disable.

Many of the users need more of the mentioned add-ins, so we can't just un-install them.

/Kelly

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

I am not saying un-install / install it, just do enable / disable from excel option. I know its not good solution.

For enable/ disable you don't required admin access.

Just follow the steps as given below -

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I know you can enable a disabled add-in, but have tried before disabling it without success.

I will try it out and see if it works.

Thanks

/Kelly