cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Master rule collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have implemented one master rule for a role in portal version 7.0. It says, when a user append  '/xyz' to the normal portal URL(...../irj/portal'),it should take the user to the specific page. here xyz is the page containing the iview to be displayed. xyz is a KM iview.

This is working fine in Production but not in quality.

Issue: when we try to append '/xyz' to the normal portal url, it takes us to the portal itself where as it has to take us to the page (xyz)

Does anyone have any idea or clue why it is happening. An early response is highly appriciated.

Thanks,

Prabha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabha,

that sounds like a quick link. Normally you add those to the iview, that should be called by it. Did you check, if the property of the iview is filled in the quality system?

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thanks much for your help. But the xyz iview is a KM iview where we have maintaned the 'path to document' property of the iview. We have not used the 'Quick Link' property of the iview.

And the path to document seems to be exactly the same where we have the KM doc for this iview.

Is there any other clue which I am missing here by any chance.

Thanks,

Prabha

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabha,

so the properties of the iview look the same in prod and quality?

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Yes all the properties are same.. we have cross checked several times.

Thanks,

Prabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought pointing to PCD objects from rule objects is not possible at all, please provide a screenshot. Navigation and browser cache was cleared?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lawrence,

This rule is working fine in production and other environments. Oly it is impacting in quality.

We have cleared the cache but no luck....

Thanks,

Prabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabha, I got you, but again: you cant point to PCD objects from rules as far I know, you can point only to desktops or other further rules, at least on 7.3x. I assume I misunderstood you somewhere? Could you screenshot the rule you are talking about?

cheers

0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to make sure that the portal desktop inserted to the rule is valid, you can add an IF statement for a specific user, and assign him the desired desktop.

If it works then you need to check the alias definition in the web.xml of the irj (it should be a valid alias). More information about aliases which are used in the rule collection can be found in the following documentation of 7.0:

Portal URL Aliases - Portal - SAP Library

In the documentation it is stated that "If a user specifies an undefined alias, it is ignored.".

Information about how the web.xml is used when launching the portal can be found in the following documentation:

How Portal Requests Are Handled - Running an Enterprise Portal - SAP Library

Thanks & regards,

Michal