cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF customizing in SSM 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have installed SSM 10.1 SP03, all functionalities are working fine but one element of customizing is difficult for me to establish: reorder and add content to the pdf which is created from e.g. the briefing book.

In general, I have understood that the pdf is created from all the different elements which are part of the to-be-printed object. Let's take a briefing book as an example which contains a dashboard. The default layout of a dashboard is header text / indicator kpi-score / score of previous months and a graph.

What i've tried is to explore and adjust some properties in the ".js" files in the "<root>\strategy\root\ssmNextGen\js\shared folder" which refer to the print properties. I did realize some changes but to change the order of for example the location of the graph and table (in case of a dashboard) has not worked. Is adusting these "js" files really the way to go? If yes, am I in the right directory?

Another option which was mentioned is to edit the file (html/xml/pdf) which is the output of the SSM and import this file into Adobe Framemaker in order to adjust the layout of the pdf. I've tried this option for SSM but Framemaker is only importing one page of a pdf at a time as an image which makes it hard to customize.

I hope anyone can help me!

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In later Service Packs there have been a number of fixes to the working of the Briefing Book functionality so as a first step I would upgrade to the latest SP 06. I would not be surprised if you find this works now!

From our work in SP05 and SP06 the reordering and adding external PDFs is now functioning fine.

SP07 is expected end January.

Regards

Colin Cooper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colin,

thank you for your reply. To be clear: the application is working fine except for some known bugs which are fixed in service packs 4, 5 and 6.

I am sorry for the confusion, I am not talking about the ability to upload a pdf-file to a briefing book but the ability to customize the layout of the pdf which is created by SSM based on the briefing book.

I hope someone could help us since I could imagine that more customers would like to reorganize the information which is shown in the pdf-document.

regards

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are looking at reorganising the layout of the content of the page that is created in the PDF then that is very definitely a significant customisation and all the usual caveats about customisations apply.

Were it just moving the order of pages in the Briefing Book that can be done using the Organize link.

Regards

Colin