cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC on MaxDB integration with EDGE BI 4.1 with DI 4.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having ECC running on MaxDB in AWS. We are planning to install Edge BI 4.1 with DI 4.2 on MS Server 2008.

Does DI 4.2 can establish a ODBC / connection to communicate with Max DB(ECC)...?

Please advise me..

Thanks In Advance,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

according to the PAM of DS 4.2 SP03 (latest Version) MaxDB is not supported. Not for the Repositories nor for Target and/or source.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=pvnr%3D67838200100900005703%26pt%3Dg%257Cd

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Sebastian Wiefett,

Thankyou, for your reply.

I have gone through this link,

I read in BO Suite 4.0 PAM that SAP MaxDB can be integrated with BO with Max DBs ODBC and JDBC drivers (64-bit and 32- bit)

By in my case (AWS) I am using a BO Edge 4.1 SP05 with DI 4.2 SP2 and ECC(MaxDB)

I am totally confused.

Please advise me how can I integrate ECC with my BO through DI 4.2.

Thanks,

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi,

actually you dont need Data Services if you want to report off your ECC. You can connect directly from EDGE to your ECC via a Universe.

1. You could build up a Universe on top of your MaxDB Database without the need of Data Services.

2. You could build up a Universe on top of your ECC. Please note that not all components are supported such as a Universe directly on Tables. Also here, no Data Services required.

3. You can connect directly on your ECC with Web Intelligence by leveraging the "Transient Provider" Please be aware that your ECC needs a certain Patch Level.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sebastian Wiefett.

I will analysie the possibilities based on your suggestions.

We need to have real time data based reports, are we able to do this with out DS on MaxDB based universes.

Regards,

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi,

if your Data source Needs to be the MaxDB then you can also build a Universe on top of the MaxDB and Report off the Universe. This is also possible.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply,

But we have BO 4.1 with Data Integrator 4.2 additionally Data services 4.2 sp2. We plan to extract realtime data to using Data Services to generate reports.

kindly advice if this works..

Regards,

Raja