cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead - BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding lead and BP creation in sap crm.

My clients are getting lots of leads from various interfaces.Not all the leads that they are getting are valuable they are afraid that the system will get "junk"  BP's.

I would like to know if there is a process that can create lead with only name and not BP and after I will approve the lead then I can create BP?

I appreciate your help,

Regards,

Efrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Efrat,

In my system I can create leads w/o assigning prospects in WebUI. Then no business partners are created.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks you fro your reply.

2 questions though

1. Is it a standard option?

2. When you decide to qualify the lead how do you create the BP in the system?

Regards,

Efrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas Wagner,

Is it possible to explain the way to create leads without assigning prospects?That can be a great help for me indeed.Awaiting your reply ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Ramesh,

It is quite easy, I think. A lead has a partner determinhation procedure (SPRO: Define Transaction Types). And in the partner det proc there is the partner function prospect. And there you can specify how many prospects you have (for one lead). If the field prospect in the UI config is still mandatory you should be able to remove that setting as well.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check my reply on Dec 19. Make the partner function "prospect" not mandatory in customizing.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually there is something called a marketing prospect in CRM 7.0 EHP1 and above, that migher better meet your needs.  See this for previous discussion on the topic.

If you are on a release below that then the idea from Thomas is a good idea.

Take care,

Stephen