cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed skills required for crm functional consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts , im crm  techno functional consultant for 3 yrs , i read the discussion salesforce crm  vs sap crm ,   and there might be threat to sap crm   by salesforce .

1. if this happens what about the future for functional consultant ,will they move to new technologies like hana or move to  traditional core              modules like sd.

2  if i want to move to hana , will compaines accept functional consultant  without any bw/bi knoweldge.

3. i heard sap cloud for customer is alternative for salesforce ,  will i require any coding  part to move to c4c , if so what languages are required

4. what is the best combination skill for an crm functional consultant , is it hana with bw/bi  ,  crm with sd ,  mobile apps

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will answer your questions

1) Ask SAP directly whether they are still running SAP CRM on-premise.  The answer to that question should tell you what to do.  The demand for new SAP CRM Webclient UI is probably going to dimish overtime.  I expect mass migration/retirement of the solution within three to five years by many loyal SAP CRM customers to something else(SAP or non-SAP).  Market research by many analysts show the CRM market is a two horse race for new customers between Salesforce.com and Microsoft.  Although SAP has great products they are no longer the market leader.  IBM has also started a partnership with sugarcrm.

2) If you want to move to HANA then you need to start studying all the openSAP courses on HANA and start learning.  Take classes, learn and get certified.  You could probably get a project for Sales analytics on HANA(i.e Customer Engagement Intelligence) if you learn the technology.

3) It's a new skillset, but if your functional skills are strong then you can move more towards an analyst role and do less coding.  That's what cloud is for anyone is so we code less

4) If it were me... I would learn Customer Engagement Intelligence which is a HANA based solution.  It's something that SAP ERP customers would use regardless of CRM software.

As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the only good part now, is you have seen the future.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that SAP CRM WebUI will not be completely wiped out by SalesForce.com but it seems that the later is increasing it market share (which might be reversed or lowed down with C4C and Fiori, let's see).

I think as a techno-functional SAP CRM consultant you are fine to keep eyes open for SAP cloud for customer. I think it is written by ABAP script and courses are available by SAP. I personally have basic knowledge of SD and I think that this is enough. As priority 2 you could familiarize yourself with CRM on HANA and ABAP with HANA as this will be more important as well. You could also have a look at Fiori or Mobile. I would regard that as priority 3 (my personal oppinion). Fiori is written with Javascript. I don't think a move to BI is necessary at the moment.

These are my thoughts about this topic.

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add my 2cs, C4C is developed a new SAP language between C# and Java and uses Visual studio sdk, nothing to do with ABAP to be honest. Knowing ABAP is a plus because you can develop on the on premise side in case you have an integration scenario with SAP CRM or SAP ECC, but to be focused on the development side in the cloud solutions you don't need it at all.

Cheers!

Luis