Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Repository with Invalid Object State

former_member283063
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

I just had the Problem that i could not connect to some of the Master Repositories due to an Invalid Object State Error.

I could still connect to the Slave Repositories, so i fixed the Problem by duplicating the Salves, normalizing them and then creating new slaves from there, deleting the old ones....

This worked fine for me, but now i have the problem that i can't delete the old Master Repositories because of the 'Invalid Object State' Error.

As i am not very confident in manually deleting entries in the Database itself i wanted to come ask here first about what i should do to get rid of them.

Thank you for your help and best Regards

Siegele Lukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cweissheimer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please visit the following article for instructions on how to manually delete this repository from the DBMS:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14869

The article mentions MDM 5.5, but it applies for MDM 7.1 as well.

BR,

Carlos

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siegele,

Restarting the DB server first followed by the MD server restart should fix the issue. If you do this you probably will get back your Master Repository active and instead of deleting the Master repository you can delete the duplicated Slave (Decide it according to your requirement, deleting a master Repository is not advisable).

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Thamizharasi N

former_member283063
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi

Sry for the delay, but we were just now able to restart our productive Server, but doing so unfortunatly did not solve Problem.

The Master Repositories still Show the "invalid Object state" Error when I try to connect to them.

I learned a little bit more about the Problem though:

We are running another Application on the same Server that the MDM is running on and apparently there was an oversized Log-File that completly filled up the hard drive space on the Server...

After they corrected this issue and restarted the Server, the Problem with the "Invalid Object State" showed up...

Regards

Siegele L

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siegele,

Would you be able to provide the screenshot of the Reports, so that we can understand the issue a little more?

Regards,

Thamizharasi N