cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA ESP doesn't start correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I newly installed SAP HANA SPS09 and install add-on component "Event Stream Processor",

And it said installation is successfully finished.

Even so, when I check "HDB info" with <sid>adm user,

there's no entry of "hdbstreamingserver".

Is there any bugs on this initial version?

BR

Yoh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that the problem here is that you have installed the software, but you have not added the streaming host.

Please note the section in the smart data streaming installation guide "Adding a Smart Data Streaming Host using LCM Tools".

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thank you for your reply.

As you mentioned, I didn't set up streaming host.

That's the reason of my problem.

BR

Yoh

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

From the screen shot that you attached I can see that you did install the Smart Data Streaming component. There is a 2nd step required which is to Add the Host to HANA system. This section of the documentation covers the steps for adding the streaming host using hdblcm:

Add a Smart Data Streaming Host Using hdblcm

http://http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hana_options_sds_inst/helpdata/en/34/a4ca31a17147b3bbc843ec1311a3...

A couple of additional notes:

1) ESP is a separate standalone product from the Smart Data Streaming option for HANA. As I mentioned above, I can see from the screenshot you attached that you really are installing Smart Data Streaming. I just wanted to clarify the difference for anyone else reading this thread - in particular, ESP is not installed or managed as part of the HANA system and therefore would not be included in "HDB info" output.

Once you have added the streaming host, it will show up in HDB info output when HDB info is run on the streaming node.

2) I would recommend reverting the edit you made to the daemon.ini file before attempting to add the streaming host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information.

I noticed that in daemon.ini file, "instances" parameter is set to "0" by default.

So, I change this parameter to "1".

After that,

daemon service try to start hdbstreamingserver.

But it's terminated.

"daemon_<hostname>.30000.000.trc" shows

process hdbstreamingserver with pid 12080 exited normally with status 1

child <hdbstreamingserver -hdb:instance=00 -hdb:hostname=<hostname> -p/usr/sap/HN4/HDB00/streaming/cluster/hn4/config/cluster.log.properties --config /usr/sap/HN4/HDB00/streaming/cluster/hn4/config/cluster.cfg> terminates during startup -> disabled

"streamingserver_<hostname>.30016.000.log" shows

Dec 11 2014 22:11:47.102 FATAL - CODE_700265 | Node [<hostname>] not found in cluster config

Dec 11 2014 22:11:47.102 FATAL - CODE_700412 | Factory of new node failed

I don't know why it can't find Node [<hostname>].

and

Where the information should be located?

What parameter name is it?

If there's working environment, could you please tell me the correct information.

BR

Yoh Maekawa

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In your initial post above, you say that you " installed SAP HANA SPS09 and install add-on component "Event Stream Processor".   Did you mean to say that you installed HANA SPS09 and add-on component smart data streaming?  Event Stream Processor is a completely separate product and cannot be installed on a HANA system

1. Confirm that you downloaded the smart data streaming server package and installed it using the HANA installer

2. Reference the smart data streaming installation guide

3. Daemon modifications are not at all necessary when installing smart data streaming.